Join Early Retirement Today

Old 04-24-2020, 11:38 PM   #521
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fermion View Post
Site still has the bug that it won't take 2018 information if you have filed in 2019 and it won't use the right numbers for 2019 if you had the refund applied to 2020.

Mine just worked;
I applied my 2019 refund to 2020 and couldn't get past the 2nd part of attempting to get the payment via direct deposit.

This evening it worked! I got this message;
You are eligible for the payment. Once we have your payment date, we will update this page.
We will deposit your payment to the bank account below.
Bank Account Number: ************0699
Updates to your payment are made no more than once a day. We will mail you a letter with additional information on this payment.

If you need additional help or do not receive your payment, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.
skipro33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-25-2020, 04:48 AM   #522
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipro33 View Post
Mine just worked;
I applied my 2019 refund to 2020 and couldn't get past the 2nd part of attempting to get the payment via direct deposit.

This evening it worked! I got this message;
You are eligible for the payment. Once we have your payment date, we will update this page.
We will deposit your payment to the bank account below.
Bank Account Number: ************0699
Updates to your payment are made no more than once a day. We will mail you a letter with additional information on this payment.

If you need additional help or do not receive your payment, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.
What did you put in for your refund amount? The amount that you applied toward 2020?
harllee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 05:47 AM   #523
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by harllee View Post
What did you put in for your refund amount? The amount that you applied toward 2020?
I was finally able to enter my info using 0 as the refund amount.
gailwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 06:07 AM   #524
Full time employment: Posting here.

Maybe I’ve missed this in all the messages above - has anybody living overseas gotten into the system yet? How did you enter your address? I’m trying by entering the number and street exactly as I did on the tax return but no luck as of now!
Dd852 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 06:13 AM   #525
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnrealizedPotential View Post
Of course I can't be sure, but for those who gave the IRS their bank information for DD after April 22, you might be getting a paper check.
I put my information in yesterday afternoon (4/24). When I logged back in it said I am eligible and will get the payment by direct deposit.
Old 04-25-2020, 06:37 AM   #526
Give me a forum ...

YAH!! I am one of those who had a 2019 refund applied to my 2020 taxes. Today I did the information on the Get my Payment site and used 0 for my refund and got through and now it says I will get my stimulus payment direct deposit. So it appears that the IRS has fixed the 0 refund glitch!
harllee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 06:41 AM   #527
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnrealizedPotential View Post
I read an article from the WSJ, sorry no link, that explained my situation if the information is accurate. For those who gave the IRS their bank information for direct deposit on get my payment, you should have done so, if possible by April 22.

For those that have given their bank information for direct deposit on get my payment, we are the next in line. Starting next week we should start seeing the direct deposits in our bank accounts. For those in this situation, most of us will get the DD by next Wednesday, and I think up until next Friday.

So next week we can look for it. With any luck, we should get our direct deposits next week for those who were able to give their direct deposit information by April 22. Of course I can't be sure, but for those who gave the IRS their bank information for DD after April 22, you might be getting a paper check.
Perhaps this article?
https://www.wsj.com/articles/next-wa...nding_now_pos1
Behind a paywall for many, but it states:
Quote:
the IRS will send money over the next few days to people who recently provided their direct-deposit information.

These payments will likely go to two groups: One set is tax filers who successfully used the Internal Revenue Service website’s “Get My Payment” tool to add bank information by midday on April 22, according to the IRS. The other set is people who don’t file tax returns but who receive Social Security or Social Security disability benefits, according to the Treasury Department.

The payments could follow the pattern that occurred when the government sent the first round of direct deposits two weeks ago. Then, the Treasury notified banks of the coming payments on a Friday. Some people saw the money in their accounts within hours. Nearly all the payments had arrived by the following Wednesday. This time around, that would mean payments arriving by April 29.
Old 04-25-2020, 06:44 AM   #528

Quote:
Originally Posted by fosterscik View Post
Perhaps this article?
https://www.wsj.com/articles/next-wa...nding_now_pos1
Behind a paywall for many, but it states:
That's the article. Of course you read one thing and something else happens and I wanted to have flexibility about what could happen. Thanks for the link.

The first rule of compounding: Never interupt it unnecessarily. Charlie Munger
UnrealizedPotential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 07:08 AM   #529

I had success entering my bank account info this morning as well. Wonder what is going to happen from here.
Old 04-25-2020, 07:16 AM   #530
Recycles dryer sheets

I was able to enter my bank info almost two weeks ago and I still get a message saying I'm eligible and once a payment date is known it will be posted. I owed this year and filed back in Feb. Not sure of the methodology the IRS is using, but I haven't had the issues some are having and still no payment.
fisemper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 07:27 AM   #531

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchjav View Post
First of all, received my stimulus check yesterday by US Mail. (when the IRS tool came available last week, I went right in and put in my Direct Deposit info, but guess it "crossed in the mail".

More importantly, it was way above what I expected based on my AGI for 2019. 2019 AGI (off which I think this was based) was just slightly more than the limit and the check was slightly less than the $2,400 for a couple. But using the online calculators it should have been significantly less. Anyone else come across this?
Did the timing of your paper check comply with the table published earlier in this thread? Not to be too nosey, but what date does that table say for you AGI?

https://www.early-retirement.org/for...er#post2414156
sengsational is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 07:32 AM   #532
Full time employment: Posting here.

Okay, checked again this morning and got the n” you are eligible “ message with the last four digits of our bank account. No idea what happened when I checked yesterday.
FIYes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 07:38 AM   #533
Give me a forum ...

I was also one of the people who applied 2019 refund to 2020 (never will do that again!)

It worked today to enter zero for the refund amount for 2019.

Thanks for checking on that, I had given up trying!
Fermion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 07:54 AM   #534
gone traveling

DS entered his bank info shortly after portal went live, still has not shown up. They do not seem to provide any information on when one can anticipate receiving it.
eytonxav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 08:00 AM   #535
Give me a forum ...

Great! Thanks much folks!

I was finally able to successfully enter in DF’s bank info and they said his check will be direct deposited.
Old 04-25-2020, 08:41 AM   #536

Trying figure out the time schedule for us late direct deposit info providers that didn't get a working website before April 22...

According to the article in the WSJ, quoting a spokesman for Republicans on the House Ways and Means committee on what they have supposedly been informed of by the IRS (whew!)...

The data is gathered weekly and sent on the next Weds to the Bureau of the Fiscal Service which then makes the payments by the following Weds.

So for whatever all that is worth, I think maybe by May 6th, if the stars align.
Old 04-25-2020, 08:48 AM   #537

Hmmm. Did not work for my DMIL. Her 2018 return had no tax due and no refund. But not because she applied a refund to a subsequent year. Her AGI was below the standard deduction, so zero taxable income. Not sure why that would make a difference. It's the same result: refund = 0.

I tried entering zero refund and also zero amount due. Both resulted in the error message that the information does not match our records. Yesterday, the exact same input gave the "technical difficulties" error message. So something changed. But now I'm locked out for 24 hours, so I guess I'll try again tomorrow. This is getting really old.
Old 04-25-2020, 09:59 AM   #538
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyzymurgist View Post
My situation is the same as Cobra9777 and swakyaby. And I also was finally able to enter bank info this morning. Looks like they are catching up.
+1

Popped up yesterday asking for AGI and bank account info...
Steeler75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 10:18 AM   #539
Recycles dryer sheets

Zero worked today for me, but no feedback on exactlywhen the money would be deposited.

This was such a basic programming error that I wonder where they are getting their coders or acceptance testers from. A halfway intelligent teenager who knew a bit about taxes would have been able to figure out the additional logic.
madsquopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 10:28 AM   #540
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by madsquopper View Post
Zero worked today for me, but no feedback on exactlywhen the money would be deposited.

This was such a basic programming error that I wonder where they are getting their coders or acceptance testers from. A halfway intelligent teenager who knew a bit about taxes would have been able to figure out the additional logic.
Well, DF’s banking information was accepted today, but no info on timing. I figure I can check back later in a few days and will perhaps get more specific status.

Tags
stimulus payment