Stock Market Seems to Be Taking A Dive While ER.ORG Has Been On Other Assignments

haha

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Dow is at 11,893 this morning, off ~1.5 % yet again.

I certainly would not have expected to see GE at $27.42. Wish I had, I would have more money today.

Ha

Fooey!!! :rant::bat:

This is not what we want to see, now is it.

On the other hand it's a great blue light special, for those who didn't buy on the 11th like I did. :2funny:

Fooey!!! :rant::bat:

This is not what we want to see, now is it.

On the other hand it's a great blue light special, for those who didn't buy on the 11th like I did. :2funny:
I'm slowly moving my mom's Vanguard IRA from money market funds into Wellesley and Wellington. It may time to move another chunk of change today.

I'm slowly moving my mom's Vanguard IRA from money market funds into Wellesley and Wellington. It may time to move another chunk of change today.
Maybe so, keeping in mind that dividends are due at the end of June. They may dip further in a little while.

Just think what a buy it will be when it goes down to 7000 :)
But the people waiting for that won't have any money to buy because they will have spent it all on guns, ammo, gold, canned food and tin foil. :D

Anyone else notice how much the market usually stinks on a Friday? Seems like no one wants to go long before the weekend because of fear of the uncertain. I wish there was a way an ordinary sod like me could play that.

But the people waiting for that won't have any money to buy because they will have spent it all on guns, ammo, gold, canned food and tin foil. :D

In keeping with the frugal nature of this board, go with these guys and you can get two for one...maybe three for one if you move out there...:)

img_672180_0_d07f62d2aa241a7966ade1038ba43654.gif

I invested some more this morning...I wonder what the Plunge Protection Team's next move will be...:p

Trick question - does a Vanguard computer rebalancing(my Target Retirement) away make a noise.

Or get emotional or use bandaids from trying to catch too many falling knives?

Luckily I have some hobby/side money for entertainment with a few individual stocks.

Here's to greed, fear, lust and hormones!

heh heh heh - preseason doesn't get really going till August and I hear the Pats have a good football team - but hope springs eternal - Geaux Saints! :D.

I certainly would not have expected to see GE at $27.42. Wish I had, I would have more money today.
I had held a small amount (2,200 shares) of GE stock for quite some time in my 401(k) from the days when I worked for GE years ago. I questioned selling it back in March 2008 for a bit over $37 a share. As of this post it's down over 25% from when I sold it. Ouch!

I had held a small amount (2,200 shares) of GE stock for quite some time in my 401(k) from the days when I worked for GE years ago. I questioned selling it back in March 2008 for a bit over $37 a share. As of this post it's down over 25% from when I sold it. Ouch!

I had the same situation with Bank of America stock from when I worked there many years ago. I sold all of it (3,656 shares) back in October for $50.55/share. It's now $27.22/share. Miss those great dividends although I bet BAC ends up cutting them.

Screw blue light specials. I'm tired of this crap. Looks like another Friday night snuggled up to a cold six pack. :(
No kidding. I keep wondering if we will ever write the cashier's check from our credit union and send it to Vanguard. The longer we wait, the harder it gets (but the more money we save) ...

Screw blue light specials. I'm tired of this crap. Looks like another Friday night snuggled up to a cold six pack. :(

Aw!! Don't forget: What goes down, must come up.

Or was it the other way around. Anyway, hope your evening isn't too dismal.

I have been enjoying the opportunity of buying good quality companies at historically low prices for about 7 months ago.

I am getting a little tired of the game, and would welcome an opportunity to sell good quality companies and historically high prices. (Not sure what the correct emoticon to use is)

Aw!! Don't forget: What goes down, must come up.

Or was it the other way around. Anyway, hope your evening isn't too dismal.

I think you are right on this Want2Retire. However, IMHO, three things need to happen first:

1. Oil prices go down or at least stabilize;
2. We finally see stability in real estate; and
3. We get through this next election.

We need to remember how we felt going through the last few downturns. Things seemed dismal then but we got through it and the market came back stronger than ever.

Even though I dumped my BAC stock a while back, I still have a good chunk in the market through my TSP.

While I am optimistic overall, I still see some margaritas in my future this weekend. It's been a rough week. :p

I still wish there was a way for an ordinary joe to make money by selling a long position and buying a short position on Thursdays just before the close, and covering the short and re-establishing a long position just before the Friday close in order to profit from the usually crappy Friday market. If there were no commissions involved, seems like this would be easy money lately.

I am getting a little tired of the game, and would welcome an opportunity to sell good quality companies and historically high prices. (Not sure what the correct emoticon to use is)

Let me know when the time presents itself to do so. In the mean time....

img_672327_0_3e4085d3b7d01b1b19cd17856117b6b8.jpg

While I am optimistic overall, I still see some margaritas in my future this weekend. It's been a rough week. :p

Crud!!! Dow closed at 11,842 :eek::rant:

I don't drink, so I guess I'll curl up with a glass of skim milk and an antiquated AD&D game, and call it a day. Life goes on and I intend to enjoy the heck out of this evening because once it is gone, it is gone.

We can always emulate Scarlett in the movie, holding a turnip up to the sky as Atlanta burned and vowing, "As God is my witness, I will never be hungry again!" :p

Right now that is a little too intense for me, but it's in my back pocket in case of emergencies. ;)

Last edited:
I'm really surprised, given the proliferation of ETFs out there, that no one has come up with a "Go Short on Fridays" ETF. I'm half-serious.

I had the same situation with Bank of America stock from when I worked there many years ago. I sold all of it (3,656 shares) back in October for $50.55/share. It's now $27.22/share. Miss those great dividendbs although I bet BAC ends up cutting them.

Didn't BOA announce a 66% reduction in dividends yesterday?

Back
Top Bottom