Strategic Sourcing - - - K-cups

Red Badger

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I've been a Keurig user for years. Always hated paying way too much for the cups. Found decent dark roast & French roast on Amazon for ~$30 per hundred cups. To me, it's decent coffee - not great.

Any cheapskates around here with other good, inexpensive sources. :) We don't have a Costco near us and don't care for Sams or BJ's.

I don't drink coffee, but bought a used Keurig for my kids' visits. We have a really good roasterie here, and they love that coffee, but it doesn't come in K-Cups. I found a reusable, refillable one at Wal-Mart. The kids spoon what they want in there, snap the lid, pop it in, and poof!

Buying one of these wouldn't limit you to coffee that comes in K-Cups. Here a link to some on Amazon.

Costco has a few options.

We always buy the 120 count Kirkland Signature Pacific Bold Coffee, $40 - so 33¢ per cup. DW is pretty picky and likes darker roasts like this.

OP here.

I'll look at the reusable cups suggested. I tried some a couple times. Great if I wanted a mouth full of grounds with each sip of coffee. FWIW, I also have a tinge of guilt every time I drop a used cup in the garbage. Not a big tree hugger, but do love and respect the rock we live on.

OP here.

I'll look at the reusable cups suggested. I tried some a couple times. Great if I wanted a mouth full of grounds with each sip of coffee. FWIW, I also have a tinge of guilt every time I drop a used cup in the garbage. Not a big tree hugger, but do love and respect the rock we live on.

Don't know if it's the "cheap" k-cups we buy (Costco) but we get grounds too. I think it's a "coffee" prerequisite - coffee has grounds - some always make it through. YMMV

OP here.

I'll look at the reusable cups suggested. I tried some a couple times. Great if I wanted a mouth full of grounds with each sip of coffee.

I've been using reusable cups for years and have never had an issue with grounds. Yes, there is a little "sludge" at the bottom of the cup, but nothing you can detect with anything but your eyes.

Don't know if it's the "cheap" k-cups we buy (Costco) but we get grounds too. I think it's a "coffee" prerequisite - coffee has grounds - some always make it through. YMMV

we had a box of Costco K cups that had the seal lift up a bit. On those cups there would be significant grounds in the cup & machine. I got tired of cleaning the machine for the entire box. But it seemed a one off as we have not had anything since

I also buy the 120 count Kirkland Signature Pacific Bold Coffee but wait until it is on sale ( force of habit). I'm not an extravagant shopper so this is my little vice.

I would try Amazon if you don't like Sam's or BJ's however you have to do quite a bit of searching to get it to $0.30/cup but they are usually Green Mountain or Caribou decent coffees.

I drink 2 cups minimum in the morning and so does DW, so that's 4 cups we need.

Don't know how folks get by on 1 cup of coffee in the morning.

So I'm too cheap to use one of those machines, I just make it in a normal coffee maker.

Don't know how folks get by on 1 cup of coffee in the morning.

So I'm too cheap to use one of those machines, I just make it in a normal coffee maker.

Same here. Programmable Mr. Coffee is nice to have things ready when it’s time to wake up. Joltin’ Joe was right.

Aldi, of course. It’s about 3.99 for 12 K-cups. They have 5/6 different varieties and some cocoa and other stuff. This has increased our level of domestic bliss since DW says my drip brew is too strong so she bought a Kuerig. I think K cups are a conspiracy by Big Coffee to quintuple their margins, but they’re not so pricey at Aldi’s and it’s nice to have a variety for DW and company.

We buy K Cups from San Francisco Bay coffee company in bulk. They are pretty good and not very costly. The pods are biodegradable.

https://www.gourmet-coffee.com/onecup.html

Those are great. I buy those occasionally from Costco. Just today we were looking at their (SF) web page. Our next internet purchase will be from them, after our current supply of pods from the Keurig site runs out. We just purchased a bunch from the Keurig site, on sale, and it came to 60 cents a pod. I believe the San Francisco brand is around 45 cents a pod?

We get the regular Green Mountain K-cups at Bed, Bath & Beyond. With a coupon, it is $20 per box of 48 ($0.42 per cup).

Those are great. I buy those occasionally from Costco. Just today we were looking at their (SF) web page. Our next internet purchase will be from them, after our current supply of pods from the Keurig site runs out. We just purchased a bunch from the Keurig site, on sale, and it came to 60 cents a pod. I believe the San Francisco brand is around 45 cents a pod?

We get boxes of 80 for $29.00 - 32.00 depending on their sale at the time ($0.37 - $0.40/per pod). These are also sold by Amazon and pricing is sometimes more or sometimes equal. SFB ships for free also.

Back
Top Bottom