Suze Orman changes her mind

AprM

Dryer sheet aficionado
Suze Orman Supports the FIRE Movement—on One Condition | Money

"But I now realize that I was given bad information. Retire Early for FIRE followers is not about stopping work completely. It is about stopping work that you don’t like, or just do for the money, and finding work that you actually enjoy, and that fulfills you."

Well she's getting closer to the mark, right? That doesn't have to be work that you're PAID to do...

Boy, she did a 180 degree turn. IMO, she came pretty close to the right answer. She mentions she still thinks it is risky retiring under 40 with a 4% WR. She correctly points out the 4% WR study was based on 30 years of retirement which is more appropriate for older retirees. Many of us have given similar advice.

Makes sense to me. I have to work pretty hard to avoid all these Suze threads on here.

This quote from the article made me chuckle:

"If you want to retire from a long commute, a corporate hierarchy you loathe and work that you don’t look forward to, I am 100% cheering you on. But that assumes your next goal is to segue into a new “career” that speaks to you, and that yes, brings in some money."

Ummmmmmm, isn't this simply called "changing jobs?"

Now I am worried. Normally I do the exact opposite of her advise.

Last edited:

"If you want to retire from a long commute, a corporate hierarchy you loathe and work that you don’t look forward to, I am 100% cheering you on. But that assumes your next goal is to segue into a new “career” that speaks to you, and that yes, brings in some money."

Ummmmmmm, isn't this simply called "changing jobs?"

+1 That's all it is!

I used to be her biggest fan, and I loved the "Can I afford it?" segments. But now I have given up on her in disgust. She's just creating clickbait.

Why does she still working when she’s already retired, does she get any money still.

I'm still looking for that new career. Hopefully that makes her happy for me. I'll let you know when I find it. ;)

Used to get some useful info from her. Now really don't listen to what she has to say.

"But I now realize that I was given bad information. Retire Early for FIRE followers is not about stopping work completely. It is about stopping work that you don’t like, or just do for the money, and finding work that you actually enjoy, and that fulfills you."

Well she's getting closer to the mark, right? That doesn't have to be work that you're PAID to do...

Suze was operating on fake news.

I'm still looking for that new career. Hopefully that makes her happy for me. I'll let you know when I find it. ;)

I am looking for new techniques to become better at Pickleball - does that count?

The FIRE bloggers got to her and showed how to make $ off the blogs

As I have said before in these pages ... vampire.

$_35.JPG

Back
Top Bottom