Suze Orman opinions

nnkrealtor

Recycles dryer sheets
Just wondering what are some of your opinions on her? Do you think she does a good job of educating viewers of her show and readers of her book on financial issues?

Thanks,

Think "manure-filled pinata" and you will have a reasonably accurate image of what many of us think of her...

nnkrealtor said:
Just wondering what are some of your opinions on her? Do you think she does a good job of educating viewers of her show and readers of her book on financial issues?

Thanks,

Her stuff is pretty basic and usually is correct. However she used to be a stockbroker, and I would call her a Financial Whore. I'm sure she has screwed plenty of people out of their money in her past.

ah....most of these are demagogues....looking to sell books and ancillary products... ;) I dont think she is right with some of her adivce on credit....but if you act like an expert, it really doenst matter....

Suze is more about self-promotion than actually resolving the financial problems of the poor souls that contact her "show" and really believe that she can give them a solution to their delima in 2-3 minutes of "analysis".

When I catch her show on CNBC, which is rare, I always feel that she is auditioning for her next gig.

Even though she's not always right about certain issues, I have learned a lot from watching her show. You just have to take any positive financial advise, and flush the rest.

she talks too slow; I fall asleep. She might be good for those in debt and those that are inexperienced investors, but not for 99.9% of those on this board.

nnkrealtor said:
Do you think she does a good job of educating viewers of her show and readers of her book on financial issues?

Thanks,
NO

nnkrealtor said:
Just wondering what are some of your opinions on her?
I think she has one of the most carnivorously feral faces on the planet, especially when it shows up on my large monitor. Those teeth are downright scary, let alone the eyeballs looking like she's just been hit in the back of the head by a 2x4.

Nah, I'm not even gonna post that picture again. Too frightening.

nnkrealtor said:
Do you think she does a good job of educating viewers of her show and readers of her book on financial issues?
Oh, an opinon on her skills and not her looks? She's actually trying to educate people with that stuff she's talking about?!?

i can't stand her voice, so i don't listen to her much ... but what i have heard (and read) is generally sound advice ... unlike some others ... did i hear somone mention R.K.?

Nords said:
I think she has one of the most carnivorously feral faces on the planet, especially when it shows up on my large monitor. Those teeth are downright scary, let alone the eyeballs looking like she's just been hit in the back of the head by a 2x4.

Nah, I'm not even gonna post that picture again. Too frightening.
Oh, an opinon on her skills and not her looks? She's actually trying to educate people with that stuff she's talking about?!?

:LOL: Ok, Nords, I crapped so hard I laughed in my pants. :LOL: :LOL:

i like when she talks about 401k loans being taxed 2x. once when you pay it back with after tax dollars and once when you withdraw later on.

i think she forgot you never paid tax on the money the first time.. the loan is like putting it inpre tax origionally , taking it back and still not paying taxes on it it. you pay the taxes only 1x

brewer12345 said:
Think "manure-filled pinata" and you will have a reasonably accurate image of what many of us think of her...

LMAO!!! Someone get me something to clean my monitor off.

Ya know - some of you guys have got to learn how to stop holding it in. Come on... tell us how you really feel!

It isn't a retirement forum - it's therapy - that's why I love it!

brewer12345 said:

This was really was choice! - A++++ :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Wonder if she still "consults" with her crystals before she writes the column for Yahoo........... :confused: :confused: :confused:

Her and Kiyosaki are perfect for each other........throw Jim Cramer in there and you have a tri-fecta........... ;)

Well, her style really gets on my nerves...

BUT

I love the fact that she gets on the soapbox about being in credit card debt. So many of her callers are in ridiculous debt situations with really unrealistic expectations - she works hard to set them straight.

Obviously her voice is NEEDED

Audrey

She is a little too preachy for my taste... some of the people who call her up really seem out of touch with reality, so maybe that's what they need.

She is pretty basic, but a lot of people need that.

She keeps things so simple that sometimes her advice is not optimum for more sophisticated investors.

She ain't pretty.

Her style can be grating.

But I have one of her books, The Road to Wealth, that I got free and it is a fine comprehensive reference book. :)

I think of her show more as entertainment than education. I watch if I'm bored and the alternative is bad reruns. Generally basic financial information, but let's face it, she is rather scary looking at times!

OK OK I think she brings some value... She kicks womens butts and tells them to wake up and learn how and why to invest. Her attitude is everyone is responsible for them self. Some men get scared of that feminazi streak she projects and I can pass on a lot of her BS. But, she tries to wake up women and get em out of the domestic diva crappola that pushes many wage earners into poverty. She also pushes the 20 somethings to stop whining and start saving/spending intelligently.

i like how she always steers her viewers into roths because they can get access to the money after 5 years. yeah just what the bulk of her audiance needs to do. they are over spenders as it is, they barely save, and are in debt. why the heck would you make it easy for them to blow thru their retirement money too.

i thought she was anti man and maybe a lesbian.

Back
Top Bottom