T-Mobile: Auto-Pay Discount For Bill Payment by Credit Card Ending

We still get the discount also. Maybe it’s because we are on the old farts plan. 55+.

Last edited:
Has T-Mobile decided to keep the auto-pay discount for payment by credit card? My June bill reflects the discount, and the notice of the change no longer appears at the top of my Auto-pay page

I don’t know. I switched to using the T-Mobile Money bank account this month so that I did not have to worry about it. That account pays a decent amount of interest so it’s OK, plus the only thing I use it for is paying the T-Mobile bill.

T-Mobile never gave a hard deadline for this, just said it could happen as early as May.

Just received this text from T-Mobile:

T-Mobile: ACTION NEEDED by 07/29/2023. We’re making changes to the payment methods that qualify for AutoPay discounts. To continue receiving your $15.00 AutoPay discount, you must update your payment method to a debit card or a bank account. To keep your discount, please visit t-mo.co/AutoPay23 to update your payment method by 07/29/2023.

Just received this text from T-Mobile:

T-Mobile: ACTION NEEDED by 07/29/2023. We’re making changes to the payment methods that qualify for AutoPay discounts. To continue receiving your $15.00 AutoPay discount, you must update your payment method to a debit card or a bank account. To keep your discount, please visit t-mo.co/AutoPay23 to update your payment method by 07/29/2023.

Looks like a scam..
Notice the URL ends in .co and not .com !!

[-]Yeah, that link looks a little dangerous.[/-]

I already switched.

I had mentioned it above, but I opened a T-Mobile Money account for this payment only. The account paid 4% interest the first two months, probably because I did transfers into the account each month, and is now paying 2.5%. Good enough compared to many credit cards.

Last edited:
I got a similar notice and changed the settings within the T-Mobile app.

The link is fine, it resolved to T-Mobile.com...

I never got anything; we are grandfathered into the original 55+ Plan a t $60 all in for 2 lines. Next payment is scheduled on our CC. Perhaps they are doing it in stages.

Nothing here. But I already have a TMM account back from when the rate was above rest of market.
So that's plan B.

Looks like a scam..

Notice the URL ends in .co and not .com !!

Good observation.

It’s the same shortened domain and resolves to the tmobile.com domain.

BitWarden won’t present my credentials to a spoofed domain, but I triple checked anyway.

Thanks.

.co is not necessarily an indication of a scam URL. Many companies have purchased the .co extension for their own use. If you type it in, they automatically redirect you to the .com website.

IBM.co takes you to IBM.com
microsoft.co takes you to microsoft.com
att.com takes you to att.com

.co is not necessarily an indication of a scam URL. Many companies have purchased the .co extension for their own use. If you type it in, they automatically redirect you to the .com website.

IBM.co takes you to IBM.com
microsoft.co takes you to microsoft.com
att.com takes you to att.com

I can see the companies buying the domain, to prevent scammers from using that domain name. And have it resolve to the .com in case someone accidentally does mistype.

I do think it's silly for the companies to actually use it, as it trains their customers to click on "other" domain names, so make the scammers job easier.

Received this email from T-Mobile today:

"Save money & earn perks
It’s easy with the T‑Mobile MONEY app
Get $5 off per eligible line on your T‑Mobile bill when you set up AutoPay.

Plus, when you use your T‑Mobile MONEY debit card or bank account, it counts as a qualifying transaction to earn great perks like 4.00% APY.*

Follow the simple steps below:
1. Make sure you have the latest app
2. Go to 'My card'
3. Select 'Use for payments at T‑Mobile'
4. Choose your preferred payment method"

We have the 55+ plan, and still pay with a CC to receive $10 discount

It’s only one of 10 monthly qualifying transactions to earn 4.00% APY AFAIK.

I was just notified today via email. I heard it was coming when listening to a Clark Howard podcast earlier this week! Guess I'll have to send money to a CU that I have not been using. Ugh! One more thing to keep track of! I don't want to pay an extra $20 a month either!

Finally hit us. DW is mulling over setting up a very small separate bank account to pay this. Means $120/yr for us, hate to eat that if we can avoid it…

Last edited:
Finally hit us. DW is mulling over setting up a very small separate bank account to pay this. Means $120/yr for us, hate to eat that unnecessarily…
T-Mobile Money was very fast to set up and used our T-Mobile credentials. Even with our frozen credit no problems, I suppose because we’re already T-Mobile customers and they have access, although I didn’t even see a soft pull in our history. It’s paying 2.5% regularly, and it appears 4% for the first two months.

We have the 55+ plan, and still pay with a CC to receive $10 discount

Yup, $60 for 2 lines all in. Tax included. + Unlimited Roaming and calling to/from and when in Mexico and Canada

IMHO, this cannot be beat if you need the Canadian and/or Mexico Calling part.

Finally hit us. DW is mulling over setting up a very small separate bank account to pay this. Means $120/yr for us, hate to eat that if we can avoid it…

I set up a separate bank account with no fees or minimum balance requirements. I transfer the money to it to pay this and it works fine.

I have a small CU account I use for Venmo and now T-Mobile payments. It has several hundred bucks in it at most. If some crook gets into it or T-Mobile tries to deduct $6000 one month instead of $60 it is due, good luck getting much from that account.

Received the T-Mobile message today to move to debit or bank account. Have been 55+ since it started. Guess everyone will get the notice. Need to take action by 08/13.

Back
Top Bottom