Talkin' Cheap on the TODAY Show

Ultimate Cheapskate

Recycles dryer sheets
Hey Folks -

Sorry to be MIA for so long around here. Been busy with the release of my new book, but the good news is that my next book looks like it's going to be about early retirement, so you can bet I'll be picking some brains around here in the months ahead.

If anyone's interested, here's a link to an interview I did with Matt Lauer on the Today Show this week re: the cheapskates next door.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/38035291#38035291

Stay Cheap!
-Jeff Yeager

Thanks! I'll look for it at the library. :D

I saw that segment when it aired. Don't forget to give us a preview on the results of your ER research. We don't buy books ;)

I will be buying your book but I will also resell it as soon as I'm finished because I am a cheapskate !

I saw a segment this morning on some show where a lady bought $130 worth of groceries for .89 cents. All items on sale and she had tons of coupons. Can't believe it included everything a person would actually need on a typical grocery run, but impressive to say the least.

I saw a segment this morning on some show where a lady bought $130 worth of groceries for .89 cents. All items on sale and she had tons of coupons. Can't believe it included everything a person would actually need on a typical grocery run, but impressive to say the least.

My SO has gotten into doing the food shopping and he makes it a game . He came home yesterday with $27.00 worth of food for $5.00 . He used coupons on two for one offers . He has really cut the grocery budget and he enjoys doing it .

Thanks for posting the link, I enjoyed watching the clip. And I already had the book on hold at the library. :D

I really enjoyed your first book. Might even borrow it and read it again!

He says either coupon for food at the grocery or shop fresh foods at the best price, which is what I choose to do. Too many preservatives with coupon foods for me, but shopping sales for fresh for me really works.

I'm looking up your books now...thanks!

Thanks for the link since I'm too cheap to pay the extra $5.99/month for local network channels as I live waaaaaaaaay out of the urban areas.

Currently reading your book on Kindle. Good stuff.

Do you ever research how many people leave the USA to be able to live as a cheapskate?

Thanks for the comments folks.

And, yeah, I get it ... "I'm tooooo cheap to buy your book!"

In fact, the publisher called the other day with good news/bad news about book sales: "The good news, Jeff, is that more than a million people have read your books," he said. "The bad news is, they're all cheapskates and borrowed them from the public library, so we've only sold 27 copies." Oye.

@ Trek - No, I haven't, but that's an interesting question. Anyone know of any stats on that?

I've always wondered about the business model of trying to sell stuff to cheapskates. Seems like trying to sell ice cubes to [-]esk[/-] indigenous people of Alaska and northern Canada. :)

I've always wondered about the business model of trying to sell stuff to cheapskates. Seems like trying to sell ice cubes to [-]esk[/-] indigenous people of Alaska and northern Canada. :)

My advice: As a "business model" you're better off just sniffing the glue and calling it a night ;-)

I suspect the real money is in attempting to convert the non-thrifty into joining the other team. Of course they probably read Jeff's books the same way[-] my wife reads a cookbook[/-] I read science fiction: "Yeah, like that's gonna actually happen..."

I read the book too and even paid for it!;)

Good read!

I suspect the real money is in attempting to convert the non-thrifty into joining the other team. Of course they probably read Jeff's books the same way[-] my wife reads a cookbook[/-] I read science fiction: "Yeah, like that's gonna actually happen..."

If you know where the "real money" is, please send it my way! In fact, I just posted a picture of it on milk cartons across the country. ;-)

My husband would admire your S.O. - it is a hunting/bringing home the game thing for him. He hasn't achieved that level of savings very often, but he did use coupons and sales to bag 4 cartons of ice cream for $1.00 once, and was proud as a peacock about it.

Amethyst

My SO has gotten into doing the food shopping and he makes it a game . He came home yesterday with $27.00 worth of food for $5.00 . He used coupons on two for one offers . He has really cut the grocery budget and he enjoys doing it .

Of course they probably read Jeff's books the same way[-] my wife reads a cookbook[/-] I read science fiction: "Yeah, like that's gonna actually happen..."
Yep. The heathens buy the Good Book of Cheapskate and reject its teachings, and then the already-converted borrow it or buy it used for next to nothing... :LOL:

Just reserved it at the library... yes, I am a cheapskate!
:D

Thanks so much for checking in--we'll scrape up the cash to buy a copy of the new book, I promise! It sounds awesome! Great reviews and recommendations, Jeff.

Nice job, Jeff, you've got the interview thing down.

I am number 11 out of 135 in the paperbackswap.com waiting list for your first book (I wish listed it in June of 2008).

Great name for the new book, BTW. Did you have any trademark issues with "Millionaire next door?"

Jeff, really good job on the interview!!!!

Back
Top Bottom