Tax Refund in <3 days!

Indeed; I am happy to pay my taxes when they are due. I don't get excited about taxes. I live in a high tax state by choice. There are no zero tax states I would ever choose to live in and the moderate tax states adjacent to me are not interesting either. One of our favorite places we lived was in a very high tax country.

You get what you pay for...

E-filed 2023 Federal return on 2/11/2024. Got the refund last night, 2/20/2024. 9 days, not <3 days, but not too bad!

Last edited:
I never get refunds anymore. But paying taxes is an opportunity to get free plane trips if I sign up for a new airline credit card each year.

I filed my mum’s taxes on Sunday and her refund was deposited today. Sweet.

I’m still missing one 1099 from Fido, their web site says it’ll be available tomorrow.

I filed on 2/5 and had both refunds by 2/23. The fed by 2/22 (I think the longest it has taken in years this year).

I owe, so no hurry, but Block keeps telling me the PPACA PTC form isn't finalized yet.

I filed federal electronically using the H&R Block SW. I think I filed ~Feb 5 and received a deposit for my refund on Feb 21.

Received 2022 and 2023 with lightning speed. On the other hand, I am at 716 days since I filed my 2021 return. Not even my Congress Critter's staff has been able to move it. :rant:

Filed a paper return a few weeks ago and got my refund deposited today. A lot quicker than I expected.

What is this refund thing? Lol

Filed my federal refund Wednesday 3/6 (H&R Block), it was accepted in 8 hours. I owe, but at least I can schedule the payment to occur on April 15th :D.

Filed my state return on Saturday 3/9 (state online site, just typed in data from H&R Block) and received the state refund today, which will more than cover the federal payment :dance:.

This year we are getting refunds both Fed and State, highly unusual. I wiil e-file them tomorrow, hopefully get the refunds quickly! Government doesn't need to keep my money any longer.

E-filed and Got the fed refund in one week. Expected the state in about three weeks after that. A few days later recieved a nice letter from the State of New Mexico to minimize on identity theft and tax fraud they need copies of all my W2s (have none) , 1099s and any other income source documents. So uploaded them and found out there system can only handle 5 so combined the 1099s. They said thanks and if they need anymore info they’ll contact me and expect 8-12 weeks to process. No problems the previous two years with W2 income and k1s which was slightly more complex. I guess after passing a 10 billion dollar budget and doubling the legislators pensions they need to find some money. The sad thing is we are at 250% of the FPL as we’re controlling for aca subsidies and the refund is pretty minimal although it’s zero state tax liabilities. Kind of frustrating.

I'm still waiting on 2021. (My Congress Critter's staff is also getting only promises about it. They called me last week and asked if I received it and were surprised when I said No.)

I sent my 2023 in on Feb. 6 so, as of today, I am beyond the OP's three days.

UPDATE: Received my 2023 on Feb 16, 2024; so, 10 days after they accepted it.

Also, with my Representative's staff's help, finally received my 2021 refund on March 1, 2024; so, 678 days after they received it.

So am I.
Next year when I go on Medicare, I will make sure that there are taxes owed and no refund.
With the ACA and managing MAGI, it is difficult to predict the final tax bill.

Finally received my 2022 tax refund plus interest.
They also finally figured out how to handle an adult dependent with separate 1095A forms, as I received my 2023 tax refund 3 weeks after filing.
My brother is on Medicare this year, so the IRS shouldn't have to TAX their brains anymore.

Filed a paper return a few weeks ago and got my refund deposited today. A lot quicker than I expected.

What is this refund thing? Lol
:LOL: Unusual for me too. :) Just enough ($700) to fill up the truck a few times and maybe have a nice dinner, if I don't drink to much..

Didn't see a 2023 thread. Filed my taxes (FreeTaxUSA) on Wednesday, and the refund was processed by Friday as I show a pending deposit at my CU this morning. :dance: Less than a 3 day turn around by the IRS. I think that's a record for me, my filing was delayed a few days until I got home from a trip to visit family during which my last 1099 arrived.

<3 , don't you love that ? :)

Just received my IRS refund. Interestingly I received my state refund in 1 day. I even thought this was a mistake of some sort.

Last edited:
Kudos to the Connecticut Department of Revenue Services. I put my paper tax return in the mail on Wednesday, March 13. They probably got it the next day. On Tuesday, March 19, they cut me a check for my refund and it arrived in my mailbox today, March 23.

Kudos to the Connecticut Department of Revenue Services. I put my paper tax return in the mail on Wednesday, March 13. They probably got it the next day. On Tuesday, March 19, they cut me a check for my refund and it arrived in my mailbox today, March 23.

Your signature couldn't be more apropos on this post! :LOL:

I put my paper return into the NC DOR on March 1 with USPS tracking. The tracking stopped on March 7 with "In Transit to Next Facility."

Steps that are not yet achieved are "Preparing for Delivery, Out for Delivery, Delivered"

Going to the "Where's my refund" web site, they say they haven't seen it. They say to wait 12 weeks before I call. To heck with that, I mailed a second copy today. We'll see if they manage to loose that one too.

This isn't the first time NC managed to not give me a refund without a run-around. It took over a year one time before I got my refund.

And you know what, every time I've owed them money sent them a check, they managed NOT to loose it...two or three days after I mailed the check, it was subtracted from my account, like clockwork.

Normally I engineer it so I owe them money. But this year, when I put in a fractional percentage to withhold for state taxes, the IRA custodian rounded up. So instead of 3.2% of the withdrawal, they took 4.0% and sent it to the bozos in Raleigh. Now they're conveniently not scanning the piles of tax returns that go to "Box R" (returns that are for refunds).

DD filed on March 13 and her refund was deposited in the 22nd.

Received State refund within two weeks, still waiting on Federal
Rarely get refunds, this was a weird year.

Back
Top Bottom