Tax Refund in <3 days!

I put my paper return into the NC DOR on March 1 with USPS tracking. The tracking stopped on March 7 with "In Transit to Next Facility."

Steps that are not yet achieved are "Preparing for Delivery, Out for Delivery, Delivered"

Going to the "Where's my refund" web site, they say they haven't seen it. They say to wait 12 weeks before I call. To heck with that, I mailed a second copy today. We'll see if they manage to loose that one too.

This isn't the first time NC managed to not give me a refund without a run-around. It took over a year one time before I got my refund.

And you know what, every time I've owed them money sent them a check, they managed NOT to loose it...two or three days after I mailed the check, it was subtracted from my account, like clockwork.

Normally I engineer it so I owe them money. But this year, when I put in a fractional percentage to withhold for state taxes, the IRA custodian rounded up. So instead of 3.2% of the withdrawal, they took 4.0% and sent it to the bozos in Raleigh. Now they're conveniently not scanning the piles of tax returns that go to "Box R" (returns that are for refunds).
As a follow-up I can report that they didn't loose the second submission and I'm getting all $176 today! Party at Sengsational's!

I owed. Mailed paper check from post office, cashed in 4 days. LOL
oldmike

Back
Top Bottom