Tax Software, changing to a different brand - export data ?

Amazon has HRB Deluxe + State for $18 (deal of the day). PC and Mac, download or disc.

https://www.amazon.com/Block-Softwa...42972104&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=H&R+block&th=1

For $18, I figured I’d try HRB this year. I’ll run HRB and TT and see how they compare in use and outcome. Being retired and given the changes in the tax law, my taxes may become less complicated in the future and if they do, I wouldn’t mind saving a few bucks using HRB as long as I can trust it. We’ll see.

Got it - thanks! Still doesn't explain why HRB didn't update their schedule as the figure has been known over a year.
True. Doesn't give me much confidence in this early release if they can't get that simple detail right. I like to get a 'pro-forma' return completed in December that includes the maximum tIRA withdrawal without hitting the ACA cliff. As long as I don't forget anything that counts as income, I should be ok. Taxes are pretty simple now for me, no taxable dividends and just a dribble of interest.

True. Doesn't give me much confidence in this early release if they can't get that simple detail right. I like to get a 'pro-forma' return completed in December that includes the maximum tIRA withdrawal without hitting the ACA cliff. As long as I don't forget anything that counts as income, I should be ok. Taxes are pretty simple now for me, no taxable dividends and just a dribble of interest.

For what it's worth, everything else reconciled to the spreadsheet I used to estimate my taxes. I like having the tax program to verify that my calcs and rates I've used in my spreadsheet were correct so I can wrap things up early in December for any transfers. I did find that I was using the wrong ACA guidelines, so that was worth reviewing the early release.

I got my cd in the mail yesterday and installed it today. Everything seemed to transfer from last year. I’ll check better when I get my official tax forms.

Wow, the new tax law makes a difference. Don’t think there will be any more schedule A for me. Even with a full years salary and state and city taxes, I’m a long way from going over the $24K standard deduction. Best news is that I’m projecting a pretty nice refund. Because my buy out was a single check, they way over withheld. I knew this, but didn’t really calculate it until now. Cha Ching :)

TurboTax Deluxe with State is on sale today only at Amazon for $49.99 with a $10 gift card. That sounds like as good of a deal as I remember seeing all last year.

TurboTax Deluxe with State is on sale today only at Amazon for $49.99 with a $10 gift card. That sounds like as good of a deal as I remember seeing all last year.
Where is that gift card offer? I see the 49.99 price but not gift card.

Got mine. Thanks for the heads up. Note that the link goes to the download version but you can select the disk version to be sent to you.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom