How did your taxes work out ?

• Getting A refund

Votes: 36 49.3%
  • Paying

Votes: 28 38.4%
  • Breaking even

Votes: 9 12.3%

• Total voters
Getting about $1400 back. More than I'd like, but tax-deferred changed a couple of times over last year, so missed the moving target. Would prefer to be nearer to zero owed/refunded.

Me too but I don't seem to be able to do that . I am afraid if I stop getting money deducted from my pension I will be back on the quarterly payments which I would rather avoid .

I do mine in October. I never get a refund if I can possibly avoid it.

Expecting to pay $XXX,XXX because cashed options and held the shares for a while. This results is big amount owing. As long as I don't do this two years in a row, I will not have to pay installments in 2011.

Will get some money back this year, will apply some of the refund to 2011 tax bill rather than do estimated tax payments.

$31 back from fed - $xxx back from state (!!!:confused:?) Since I owe state taxes on my TSP contributions (welcome to NJ!), I elect to have additional $$ withheld for state - I overestimated - will correct for 2011 (I hope!)

We haven't finalized our taxes yet, but our first runs at estimating end up with having to pay about $2,500. That is in line with our expectations.

We haven't finalized our taxes yet, but our first runs at estimating end up with having to pay about $2,500. That is in line with our expectations.
Just like on CNBC.

Ha

As long as you have the cash handy and it's below the 'safe harbor' penalty threshold, it's all good. They gave *you* an interest-free loan in a sense! :)

Back
Top Bottom