THANK YOU Early Retirement Forums!

Culture

Recycles dryer sheets
I just finished sending my clients an e-mail indicating that I will no longer accept new assignments starting in six weeks. I hope to be finished with all projects some time early next year. The work week should taper off quickly between now and then.

I have been reading this board regularly since around 2003 and actively participating since around 2004 (as best I can remember), and have learned a enormous amount from the people here. While my wife and I have been planning early retirement since soon after we first married in 1987, I am certain that I am retiring sooner and wealthier because of this community (another discussion board inspired by John Bogle also helped greatly). We are currently 51.

THANKS! Moderated, educated, reasoned and responsibly discussion does make a real difference in peoples lives.

Congrats for pulling the trigger. Good luck in finishing the projects in the pipeline by early next year.

From prior posts, it seems like litigation consulting? If so, you never can be certain of the end date. :)

From prior posts, it seems like litigation consulting? If so, you never can be certain of the end date. :)

Correct. My oldest open file was started in 2007!. I figure there will be trickles of work for the next 4-5 years, but 95% will be done in the next 18 months.

Good move, and congrats! I'll bet that felt good!

Congratulations!

I just want to know: Do you wear those sunglasses and fur coat when appearing in court:)

I just want to know: Do you wear those sunglasses and fur coat when appearing in court:)

No, but I did wears jeans, boots and a Stetson when testifying in Federal Court in Wyoming! The judge was wearing boots and jeans under his robes.

Congrats on taking this major step. Eager to hear what your future holds.

Sounds like a nice way to taper off from full time to a trickle.

Congratulations! I'm guessing you already feel a bit of relief. What are your plans in retirement?

Congratulations! I'm guessing you already feel a bit of relief. What are your plans in retirement?

Anything not involving billable hours. I have a long list of hobbies including hiking, motorcycling, gardening, travel, kayaking, reading, writing and woodworking.

No, but I did wears jeans, boots and a Stetson when testifying in Federal Court in Wyoming! The judge was wearing boots and jeans under his robes.

Gotta love the Western courts. To many out there, if you're not wearing jeans, etc... you're not properly dressed for court.:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom