The great napping poll

What is your napping practice and your views on napping?

• I never nap. Napping is unproductive and dissolute. Very bad.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I very occasionally nap but feel guilty. Only short naps so my SO doesn't find out.

Votes: 8 4.7%
  • More days than not I DO NOT nap. But I enjoy it when I do, with a twinge of guilt.

Votes: 40 23.3%
  • More days than not I DO nap. And I enjoy it with no guilt whatsoever. I don't give a flying rat's

Votes: 50 29.1%
  • I nap every day and absolutely love it. But no more that an 45 minutes.

Votes: 17 9.9%
  • I nap every day and wonder how anyone could NOT nap. Usually more that 45 minutes a day.

Votes: 16 9.3%
  • I never nap. I just don't feel the need. But if I did I wouldn't feel guilty.

Votes: 38 22.1%

• Total voters
I laughed because he falls asleep in his recliner or on the couch 1-2 times a day EVERY day.
My FIL got a new recliner. He said "Man, this is a FAST chair!" to which I had a puzzled look. He explained that he can get to sleep faster in it than his old chair :LOL:

I usually get up at 5:30 or so every morning. By early afternoon, after I have done all my running around, I like to take about an hour nap then get up and piddle around some more. I just retired in January and next to being able to fish everyday, being able to take a nap everyday has been a pleasant surprise. Never really napped before but I am loving it!

A few years before my retirement, my corporate employer created a Quiet Room next to the cafeteria, where staff could "relax and meditate". Meditation soon proved difficult, what with all the snoring. I honed my power nap chops there on many a day, until new mgmt arrived and decided the quiet room was a poor use of the space. Philistines! Anyhoo, as far as naps post-retirement, me like-ee, though I try to be discreet so as to not demonstrate to my wife I might be the no-account layabout she suspects I just may be ;-)

I napped all the way back in college. Nearly every afternoon. I took a lot of joking for it.

Not so much now that I am w#rk&ng, but every other possible opportunity..... I also regularly sleep 9+ hours a night. When I am awake, I am going at 120%, but I [-]get[/-] need my sleep.

For the naps, there's just something about knowing everyone else out there is running around trying to get things done and you are sort of "cheating the system".....

When I retired I resolved:

-no naps
-no daytime tv

This was after witnessing retired relatives napping in their recliner while the TV was blaring "the Price is Right". Then they would complain about not being able to sleep at night.

Didn't seem to be the way I wanted to spend retirement but it could be fine for everyone else. Hasn't been hard to do since I don't feel the need to do either.

OK, this has nothing to do with money but this forum is where everyone hangs out, so too bad. So, I nap. I said it and I'm proud of it. However, not everyone embraces napping and I wonder how members of these excellent forums view the matter. This should be fun ... our napping demographics!

So Jeff - I take it your SO has issues with you napping? Because you seem very preoccupied with the whole guilt thing.

My wife and I both nap, and neither of us ever felt guilt. As a matter of fact, until now I don't recall *anyone* expressing guilt over napping. It's just a normal, natural process. My wife is a professional napper. She once fell asleep standing up and woke up in the middle of falling over. Me talking or reading to her puts her to sleep. Action movies put her to sleep. She takes a pre-sleep nap on the couch most evenings.

Me, just here and there when I don't get enough sleep. Sofa or bed, the main requirements are background 'white' noise and shielding my eyes from too much light.

Back
Top Bottom