Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

The Nigerians have moved to Malaysia
Old 07-22-2009, 12:05 AM   #1
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

The Nigerians have moved to Malaysia

I got this urgent e-mail recently. Well, I will let you see it. [My comments in red Italics.]

Quote:
FROM HASSAN BIN ZAIT:...Edward [Gypsy] Friday, July 17, 2009 11:53 PM

"Hassan Zait" <xxxxxxxxx@msn.com>

To: <me>@yahoo.com

Cc: <some other crook>@hotmail.com

LAWRENCE PEREIRA & PARTNERS.
UNIT 6.09, 6.10, LEVEL 6 PLAZA DNP 59, JALAN
DATO ABDULLAH TAHIR JOHOR BAHRU, MALAYSIA.

A Foreign Diamond consultant/contractor with the Sierra Leonean National Diamond Corporation, Mr. Charles [Gypsy] [they got my name, and spelled it right, too!] , who here in after shall be referred to as my client, died as the result of a heart-related condition in March 12th 2005 [probably as a result of being your client],made a numbered time (Fixed) Deposit for twelve calendar months, valued at USD$19,000,000.00,(Nineteen Million Dollars). His heart condition was due to the death of all the members of his family in the tsunami disaster on the 26th December 2004 in Sumatra Indonesia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004_Indian_Ocean_earthquake upon maturity, I sent a routine notification to his forwarding address but got no reply. On further investigation, I found out that he died without making a WILL and all attempts to trace his next of kin was fruitless. [Since he never existed, I am not surprised.] I therefore made further investigation and discovered that he did not declare any kin or relations in all his official documents, including his Bank Deposit paperwork before me.

I have contacted you to assist in distributing the money left behind by my client before it is confiscated or declared unserviceable by the bank [Oooo! I'd better hurry!] where this deposit valued at $19million dollars is lodged. This bank has issued me a notice to contact the next of kin, or the account will be confiscated.. My proposition to you is to seek your consent to present you as the next-of-kin and beneficiary of my late client, since you have the same last name with him [Amazing, since my brother and I modified our last name slightly as adults.], so that the proceeds of this account can be paid to you. Then we can share the amount on a mutually agreed-upon percentage. [Like, zip?]

All legal documents to back up your claim as my client's next of kin will be secured gradually and forwarded to you. All I require is your honest cooperation to enable us see this transaction through. This will be executed under a legitimate arrangement that will protect you from any breach of the law. [Except by you.]

If this business proposition offends your moral values [Not a bit, but you do, my stinky friend], do accept my apology. Please contact me at once to indicate your interest. [Perhaps I will. What jail are you in?]

Regards,
BARR.HASSAN BIN ZAIT. [I tink I bin zait, too!]
Senior Advocate/Solicitor/Thief/Crook
I read in the Calgary Herald recently that a lot of Canadians have been taken in by the Nigerian Letter Fraud in the recent past. The paper said that the proceeds have been going to terrorist organisations. (Or was that 'tourist organisations'?)

Writing to you from the Little [religious centre for the succor of terrorists] on the Prairie,

Ed the [soon-to-be-filthy-rich] Gypsy
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-23-2009, 09:18 AM   #2
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Too funny!

DW and I have been cleaning out some junk, er, good stuff. Been posting on Craigslist ($180 taken so far!).

So I wake up to this gem:

Quote:

Hello your respond to my email is been appreciated.I want you to consider it sold, please do withdraw the advert from craigslist to avoid disturbance from another buyer.I want you to know that i will be paying via bank certified check .I will like you to provide me with the following.information to facilitate the mailing of the check to you .
1.....Full name to write on the check
2.....Full Physical address to post the check (NOT P.O BOX) 3.....City, State and Zip Code 4.....Home & Cell Phone to contact you
*** Note that the payment will be shipped to your address via UPS NEXT DAY SERVICE and I will like you to know that you will not be responsible for shipping i will have my mover come over as soon as you have cashed the check** Thanks hope i can trust you on this so we can move forward from here. Regards
I told him to Paypal my email address and call my cell for pick-up. Seems that they'll respond as long as you respond .... you're nothing more than a fish on the hook to them! I'll post his response.

Stay tuned!
Old 07-23-2009, 09:29 AM   #3
Full time employment: Posting here.

I always tell them to send the check to the name of the local head of the FBI. When they say the check has been devilered, I say thanks, appreciate the donation. Really ticks them off :-).
beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 10:34 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

There are several amusing websites where people bait these spammer scammers. Google 419 scammer to find them.
Old 07-23-2009, 02:20 PM   #5
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by restonham View Post
I always tell them to send the check to the name of the local head of the FBI. When they say the check has been devilered, I say thanks, appreciate the donation. Really ticks them off :-).
Well, they're fake cashiers checks... they take advantage of most banks that usually show the credit to your account right away but then remove it several weeks later when it comes back fake.
Kabekew is offline   Reply With Quote