The Red Carpet for Dividend Aristocrats Community Watch

trixs

Recycles dryer sheets
"Standard & Poor's Dividend Aristocrats are getting the royal treatment."

"State Street Global Advisors is introducing the SPDR Dividend ETF, a new exchange-traded fund that seeks to replicate the price and yield, before expenses, of Standard & Poor's High Yield Dividend Aristocrats Index.

"The Aristocrats Index comprises the 50 highest dividend-yielding constituents of the S&P Composite 1500 Index that have increased their annual dividends every year for the past 25 years. This universe currently includes only 85 stocks."

Full Article: http://www.investmentadvisor.com/issues/mutual_fund_center/mutual_fund_center/5736-1.html
--------------------------------------------------------------
Now my reason for starting this topic! I have been waiting for this ETF it come out for a very long time. Currently I only have 1 account and that is with vanguard. I believe Vanguard does offer DRIPS for ETFS but they charge $25 a transaction. I put money in every month and this will essintially add a load to the ETF for me.

Does anyone know if theres a discount brokerage that offers DRIPS? Etrade, ameritrade ect:confused:!!? :confused:

trixs said:
Does anyone know if theres a discount brokerage that offers DRIPS?  Etrade, ameritrade ect:confused:!!?   :confused:
When you buy the stock/ETF through Fidelity's brokerage, they reinvest the dividends for free.

thanks for posting

Yea they do but its also $20 dollars per trade!

If one invests $1000 a month thats instantly 2% Load.

Thanks for the info though. I didnt even think of fidelity in my search before.

trixs said:
Yea they do but its also $20 dollars per trade!
Well, sure, ETFs are a lousy DCA deal.

The conventional wisdom is to pile up the money in an index fund from Vanguard or Fidelity with a low ER-- say 0.25 or less-- and then shift that to an ETF every year or two. Doing that with $10K knocks that $20 commission down to 0.20% and Fidelity occasionally runs specials or reduced rates.

Try Buy and Hold Securities. Here's the link:

https://www.buyandhold.com/

For $7 per month you get two free trades or for $15 per month you get unlimited trades. Dividends are reinvested at no cost. I've used then for about 5 years.

Grumpy

Grumpy
Thanks for recommending Buy and Hold. I am planning on opening an account with them when I come back to the states for vacation.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom