Thoughts on Allocation.

jaerco

Dryer sheet wannabe
I have been reading Four Pillars/Boglehead's Guide to Investing.  I think I am close to having a portfolio I am comfortable with.  I am trying to make sure I place with in the correct accounts.  A little background.

32 years old in the medical field.  I am planning early/part-time retirement in 10-12 years(which means I will be cutting back to maximize free time and won't be placing as much to retirement so trying to quickly build up large amounts in fund to start tapping in about 15-20 years)  I'll be rolling over 95k from Pioneer/Merrill Lynch funds in the next few months.  I am an independent contractor.

Plan to continue saving 44k in SEP and ~30+k in After tax funds

SEP:

VMRGX (Morgan Growth)     20 %
VWNFX (Windsor II)             20 %
VHGEX (Global Equity)          10 %
VGSIX (Real Estate Index)    10 %

AFTER TAX Account:
VEIEX (Emerging Markets Index)  10%
NAESX (Small Cap Index)              15%
VSEQX (Strategic Equity)               15%

Trying to keep the index funds in aftertax.  REIT is an index and wasn't sure where to place it as Boglehead's guide noted that the REIT are less tax efficient so I was going to place it in the SEP.  I don't have any bod funds as I am looking for long term growth, but might switch things up to include 5-10% max.  The mix will be problematic as the 95k(which is pretax) will be rolled over to the SEP so it is going to be very heavy on that end to begin with.  Came up with this allocation as it is about 60/40 to account for about $3666 into SEP/ $2580 into after tax.  Any thoughts or suggestions.  I have Xrayed the mix on morningstar and seems to have a good mix. I could also just pick index funds in those sectors(any thoughts)

jaerco

You might consider more exposure to international equity and fix income.

Back
Top Bottom