Time to buy? What are you buying?

On 03-24-2020, 05:45 PM - I suggested buying TNA & SPXL. Still holding onto those positions, up about 120% so far. Will exit at about $40 on both probably. Hope someone took the advice!

On 03-24-2020, 05:45 PM - I suggested buying TNA & SPXL. Still holding onto those positions, up about 120% so far. Will exit at about $40 on both probably. Hope someone took the advice!

I don’t buy anything leveraged. I’ve done well enough with my picks.

Did the same (SPXL) on the same day with what I’ll call a “meaningful” portion of my portfolio. I’m still finalizing my exit strategy. I’d like to hear why $40 is your exit strategy.

Picked up some NEWT this morning at $13.43. Bought some back in March at $12.68. Wasn't trying to time the market but it just happened that cash was available during the downturn. Pays quarterly dividends. Forward annual yield 13%.:)

I stopped out @ ~60 last week. Interested to know what you did and your rationale.

I stopped out @ ~60 last week. Interested to know what you did and your rationale.

I got out at about at about $40 on SPXL, and about $34 on TNA. I was very fortunate to catch both very near the bottom. Made enough to pay for a place on the ocean in Florida that I bought. Sitting about 1/2 cash now...[mod edit] Sitting it out to see what happens over the next few months.

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked up PYPL (Paypal) at $188 after it dropped from $212. Also picked up SQ (Square) at $139 after it drop $170. The fintech sector is growing.

I got out at about at about $40 on SPXL, and about $34 on TNA. I was very fortunate to catch both very near the bottom. Made enough to pay for a place on the ocean in Florida that I bought. Sitting about 1/2 cash now...[mod edit] Sitting it out to see what happens over the next few months.

Congrats! Where in Florida? I used to live in Cocoa Beach.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats! Where in Florida? I used to live in Cocoa Beach.

Our place is right there at CCB. Can watch the rockets go up from the beach side of our place, and plenty of things to do right there. CCB has 'grown up' nicely over the last 30 years. It is a great area to invest in, with everything happening at Cape Canaveral. Highly recommend checking out CCB again...lots of good stuff there now days.

Back
Top Bottom