Timing a change in mutual funds?

Murf2

Recycles dryer sheets
Hi all, I've got a simple question that I should be able to find the answer to but haven't.

I'm wanting to increase my bond allocation by moving some funds from Wellington to Wellesley Income. Do I need to be aware of when during the quarter I do this? Is it possible to lose out on quarterly distributions on both funds by not doing this at the right time?

On a more general note, where can I find this info for mutual funds? I looked at Vanguard under the distributions tab but didn't see anything.

Thanks again!
Murf

Googled Wellington dividend ex date. The info was on the first link. Based on past history, there are quarterly distributions on 3/15, 6/15, 9/15 and 12/22 each year.

Thanks! So, if I'm in a fund by the 15th, I get the distribution for that fund? Even if I was in a different fund for the whole quarter up until say, the 14th of March?

Thanks again!
Murf

So, your saying I should not exchange those sounds until after that date?
Thanks

I've only been investing in dividend paying stock for 3 years - far less than some users on this forum. But I've learned to not buy/sell dividend stock within 1-2 weeks before the dividend ex date or 1-2 weeks after the dividend pay date. This gives time for the price of the stock to stabilize after the dividend is distributed.

Back
Top Bottom