Today's Social Security News - 6/16/2005

C

Cut-Throat

Social Security will have some modifications in the future for sure. But, it will not be Bush Jr.'s Plan! :)

The latest poll shows only 25% support for 'W's Social Security Plans. Look for minor tweaks in the years ahead comparable to the 1983 changes that creeped up the retirement age, Raised the Cap etc. - Instead of a plan that drives the entire program into the "Ditch".

Even Congressional Rebublicans have now figured out that Bush Jr. is a Lame Duck. - Bill Frist and Hillary Clinton appeared today on the Morning News shows discussing their combined plan for the Nations Health care crisis - The real issue facing the U.S. ;)

Cut-Throat said:
Even Congressional Rebublicans have now figured out that Bush Jr. is a Lame Duck. - Bill Frist and Hillary Clinton appeared today on the Morning News shows discussing their combined plan for the Nations Health care crisis - The real issue facing the U.S. ;)
Cut, if you saw this could you give a summary?

ha

Thanks, Cut-Throat. Most of the article sounds more like Frist than what I would have expected from Clinton; but maybe she learned enough when she was Health Czar to try not to sound like Ted Kennedy.

Mikey

Right Mikey. What I worry about here is that some relatively meaningless law will be passed to encourage information technology in healthcare and then the conservatives can say they passed a healthcare bill.

But I am leaning towards CTs position that Bush isn't going to be able to do much damage on social security.

HaHa said:
Thanks, Cut-Throat. Most of the article sounds more like Frist than what I would have expected from Clinton; but maybe she learned enough when she was Health Czar to try not to sound like Ted Kennedy.

Mikey

Mikey,

I was not endorsing necessarily what Frist was doing, but pointing out that as Majority leader of the Senate, he is pushing his own agenda rather than Bush's. (Frist is looking like already running for the nomination).

Bush's own Party in Congress has stopped pushing for his agenda. They have come to the conclusion that he is a lame duck and there is too much political fallout from the Iraq war for them to be too cozy with Bush anymore.

Back
Top Bottom