Tsunami rally? Bring it on!

I think that's the point. I was never out.

I was partially out (30% stock, not all by choice), and am trying to get more back in (70% stock, target allocation). Hope the train does not leave without me, as I try to climb onto the last car. :D

Heck, I may even have to sit on the roof, like they do in India. :D

I was partially out (30% stock, not all by choice), and am trying to get more back in (70% stock, target allocation). Hope the train does not leave without me, as I try to climb onto the last car. :D

Heck, I may even have to sit on the roof, like they do in India. :D

I like your way of thinking... hopefully a few million more investors follow your lead.

LittleEngine-738141.jpg

Nah, just kidding about sitting on the roof... I've got a nice window seat. :D Hopefully, the train will not go in reverse.

I have been buying steadily this week. My stock portion is up to 45% now, as I wrote this. So many good stocks that were discarded at such low P/E it was mind boggling. I bought some earlier, just to lost money right away. So, I learned to spread out my purchases. So far so good.

Dunno about you, but I do not envision the Dow gettting back to 14,000 anytime soon. In fact, all I want to know is if my stocks will regain just 1/2 of their peak values in 2007, I would be OK. Look at shipping stocks covered by another dry-bulk shipping thread, or raw material like mining stocks. If I don't buy low, when do I buy?

I hope the highly leveraged folks have been all wiped out, and the indiscriminate selling has stopped (knock on wood).

Pleazzzzeeee! none of this happy talk! It's still doom and gloom, armagedon be here, raining cats and dogs etc etc. (Full disclosure I'm still buying....)

That's because the Saint's actually won on Monday Night football.

Thus helping me avoid overwatching my 'lifecyle, full auto rebalancing, full auto deduct Target Retirement fund - and - get a grip not to call Vanguard to make sure their computers were still getting electricity and rebalancing away.

Unfortunately they play Tampa Bay next - and so like Lucy taking the football at the last minute from Charlie Brown - I'm gonna take the wait and see toward Mr Market.

heh heh heh - :D

Hopefully the Feds can correct the credit market and stem the tide of mortgage defaults until the jobs outlook improves...

If they can... The S&P may have bottomed out [on Nov 20 at 752]... knock on wood. [Unless some other catastrophe emerges.]

Hopefully we can a recover about 20% of the losses in the domestic stock market over the next 12 months. But I suspect the volatility will continue and the lows tested.

http://money.cnn.com/2008/11/25/magazines/fortune/stockrebound_levenson.fortune/index.htm

Hopefully the Feds can correct the credit market and stem the tide of mortgage defaults until the jobs outlook improves...

If they can... The S&P may have bottomed out [on Nov 20 at 752]... knock on wood. [Unless some other catastrophe emerges.]

Hopefully we can a recover about 20% of the losses in the domestic stock market over the next 12 months. But I suspect the volatility will continue and the lows tested.

Schwab's Jeff Mortimer predicts a big market bounce - Nov. 26, 2008

20% from where? We've already gotten back 19% from the bottom as we stand right now. Another 20% (to 1075 S&P500) would get us to about 43% from the bottom. Not an unrealistic "goal" IMO. That would still be 31% down from the Oct '07 high. But I'd be happy with it, especially since I've poured in about 25% more cash (from the value on Oct 10) into stocks since Oct 10. So I'd get a nice bounce from those investments. Here's to hoping it comes to fruition!

20% from where? We've already gotten back 19% from the bottom as we stand right now. Another 20% (to 1075 S&P500) would get us to about 43% from the bottom. Not an unrealistic "goal" IMO. That would still be 31% down from the Oct '07 high. But I'd be happy with it, especially since I've poured in about 25% more cash (from the value on Oct 10) into stocks since Oct 10. So I'd get a nice bounce from those investments. Here's to hoping it comes to fruition!

I would hope to trim the loss from the last peak to 30% off the peak instead of approx 50% (at the bottom). 30% off its last peak would be just below 1100. Realistic?? It is difficult to say. It depends on investors.

I would hope to trim the loss from the last peak to 30% off the peak instead of approx 50% (at the bottom). 30% off its last peak would be just below 1100. Realistic?? It is difficult to say. It depends on investors.
Ah. OK. In other words approx. 43% recovery from the bottom of 752. I think it's certainly possible based on how the market has reacted in the past.

Back
Top Bottom