Turbo Tax Schedule D issue

Jerry1

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Site Team
I just read this on the Amazon site. Can anyone confirm whether or not it is true that you won't be able to e-file if you enter data on schedule D (or E)?

From Amazon:

The below is from a prior post. I would like to see a reply from Intuit/Turbo Tax concerning the inability to e-file if you manually fill out a 'non interview' form (D and E) in the Deluxe version. That has not stopped me from e-filing in the past. Does it now?

"SueCar13 days ago
Report abuse
I had an iMessage conversation with a Turbotax representative regarding the Sch. D and E issue. Their response was that while the forms are on the Deluxe version, you have to fill out each form individually as Deluxe doesn't support the interview process. Additionally, and more importantly, filling out the forms individually prevents you from e-filing your return."

I'm able to do the interview process for mutual fund sales with TT deluxe.

I just read this on the Amazon site. Can anyone confirm whether or not it is true that you won't be able to e-file if you enter data on schedule D (or E)?

From Amazon:

The below is from a prior post. I would like to see a reply from Intuit/Turbo Tax concerning the inability to e-file if you manually fill out a 'non interview' form (D and E) in the Deluxe version. That has not stopped me from e-filing in the past. Does it now?

"SueCar13 days ago
Report abuse
I had an iMessage conversation with a Turbotax representative regarding the Sch. D and E issue. Their response was that while the forms are on the Deluxe version, you have to fill out each form individually as Deluxe doesn't support the interview process. Additionally, and more importantly, filling out the forms individually prevents you from e-filing your return."

Not new it has been this way for several years, if you can go to forms mode. Of course why bother with e-filing help the postal service and send it certified mail.

Not new it has been this way for several years, if you can go to forms mode. Of course why bother with e-filing help the postal service and send it certified mail.

I frequently use forms mode (almost exclusively). I did so last year, had a schedule D and I e-filed. So this is not new? That would be good.

From Amazon:

"SueCar13 days ago
Report abuse
The premier version (about $79) used to allow manual updates on Sch D--not sure about going forward, but it was quite easy. It's probably just a matter of getting the correct software.

I'm able to do the interview process for mutual fund sales with TT deluxe.

There are differences in the different versions of TT Deluxe. This has been a source of confusion for a few years now.

TT Deluxe Online is NOT the same as
TT Deluxe Download/Desktop.

The latter has more functionality.

This thread just adds to the confusion. The way around this is to avoid TT.

There are differences in the different versions of TT Deluxe. This has been a source of confusion for a few years now.

TT Deluxe Online is NOT the same as
TT Deluxe Download/Desktop.

The latter has more functionality.

This thread just adds to the confusion. The way around this is to avoid TT.
Thanks for the clarification. My way around this is to ignore the existence of TT online.

Back
Top Bottom