Turbo Tax via Fidelity:$20 discount is best I could find

My voicemail to my Fidelity rep to request a gratis copy of TT premier (as a private client) generated an email reply days later that was only a link to the $20 off offer.

Maybe someone that was able to get the Premier link to work can post the web address(URL) here. This may fix the problem for people that don't get the correct link.

Can you provide the web address for your download? I want to try it and see if it'll work for my account.

I logged into my Fido account and downloaded it for free. Try this link:

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/

This is what I see:

TT2014.PNG

PS - thank you Done!

It tells me I am about to leave Fidelity:

View attachment 20819

This is the address it sends me to:

https://turbotax.intuit.com/microsi...3468338097&cid=all_fidelityatp_aff_3468338097

I then scroll down to see this:

View attachment 20820

This is very odd that we are seeing different behaviors. Let me know if you have other questions.

-helen

Thanks for the information on this, when I try your link, I get an error that it can't find the link. There's a technical error for me and others that qualify for this free offer. I have 2 separate accounts and I get 2 different pages for Turbotax. I have contacted Fidelity already and waiting for tech support to fix the problem. My backup plan is to purchase the upgrade directly for $30 and have Fidelity reimburse me for the purchase of Premier.

Gee - everyone seems to be getting the Premier for free.

I feel like Charlie Brown at Halloween...."I got a rock." :(

Hey - thanks for the tips! DH followed the Fidelity Website instructions and downloaded TT Premier for free this evening!

Yeah!

I got some feedback as to why my account as a Private Client customer doesn't qualify for free Premier access. The new requirements look at each SSN account and you qualify if you have non retirement assets under one SSN for Private Client or retirement assets under a workplace which seems to exclude self employed accounts (Keogh, Money Purchase, Self 401k,etc). Apparently, I don't qualify since we set up 2 trusts for me and DW (would need to move assets around), they don't count our Annuity or my self employed accounts.

If you didn't get Premier for free, check your accounts to see if you have problems like mine, too much splitting of assets under multiple SSNs or self employed retirement assets or an Annuity that don't count. If this is the case, call your rep to have them reimburse you since Premier download is $30 from Intuit and if I buy it through Fidelity with my $20 discount, it's only $74.99!

This was offered up by MissMolly on a previous thread - "Schedule D removed from TurboTax 2014 Deluxe"

KingDeals4u

Don't have to know anyone to get Premier download for $34.99 (Fed & State & Efile) for Windows and Mac as of today's look. I got mine from VG for Flagship so haven't used this site.

Thanks for the heads up on this site. That is a great deal. Much better than Fidelity.

This was offered up by MissMolly on a previous thread - "Schedule D removed from TurboTax 2014 Deluxe"

KingDeals4u

Don't have to know anyone to get Premier download for $34.99 (Fed & State & Efile) for Windows and Mac as of today's look. I got mine from VG for Flagship so haven't used this site.

Just got my Premier for $35, best deal around.
This kind of FIRE information has already paid the forum membership fee😉

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Back
Top Bottom