Turbo Tax via Fidelity:$20 discount is best I could find

BBQ-Nut

Full time employment: Posting here.
I think I'll dive into TT to do my own pro-forma returns and was reading about the 'deals' other FIRE members were getting with Vanguard and Fidelity.

I have several accounts at Fidelity, but the best deal I saw on TT was $20 'off' and a price of $34 for Premier.

Should I jump on that? Or are there better deals out there on TT?

Try calling your rep and see if they will give it to you for free.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

I just asked my Fidelity rep yesterday. Last year he sent Private Client customers a TT Deluxe CD for free if we asked.
This year my answer was no CDs would be sent, just the 20% off through the website, which would be $75 for Premier.
I can get a better price ($70) on Premier at Costco, so that will be my choice.
I will not use a TT online version, only something I can install on my own machine.

We are private clients and our rep reimbursed our cost for Premier 100%. Scanned the receipt and got funds added to our cash reserves/
Nwsteve

I called my rep - left a voicemail asking getting TT...we'll see....

The free offer this year is online Premier, no CD or download for Private Client customers. There is no online link right now for this free offer, but you can call to have them reimburse you the $35 cost. If you can get your own rep to reimburse you all the better. I don't feel comfortable using the online version and prefer a download or CD.

This was offered up by MissMolly on a previous thread - "Schedule D removed from TurboTax 2014 Deluxe"

KingDeals4u

Don't have to know anyone to get Premier download for $34.99 (Fed & State & Efile) for Windows and Mac as of today's look. I got mine from VG for Flagship so haven't used this site.

Last edited:
I haven't checked yet for this year, but in prior years I've gotten TT for free just by having a savings CD with State Farm Bank.

After logging into Fidelity, under Guidance & Retirement / Taxes, it may show two offers depending on your account type. One link is for $20 off TurboTax, and another is an offer for free Online Premier. I found that if you click the free offer 'Learn More', then 'Download - See Products' it does offer the Premier download for free. This is Federal + 1 State with 5 free Federal e-files. Nice!

After logging into Fidelity, under Guidance & Retirement / Taxes, it may show two offers depending on your account type. One link is for $20 off TurboTax, and another is an offer for free Online Premier. I found that if you click the free offer 'Learn More', then 'Download - See Products' it does offer the Premier download for free. This is Federal + 1 State with 5 free Federal e-files. Nice!

Can you clarify where you're seeing this? Are you at this page when you get this option for 'Learn More'

(2nd line below Fidelity logo, upper left corner)
Home» Guidance & Retirement »
Title page is "Taxes"

or
Home» Guidance & Retirement » Taxes »
Title page is "Save Up To $20 on TurboTax"

I've had many calls with Fidelity reps over the past week and none have been able to find this option. It got to the point they offered me the Premier download and they will reimburse me for the purchase into my account.

FYI- just noticed on Amazon that there's a $35 discount on Premiere if you have Amazon Prime. Final price is $55... not too bad if you can't work out a deal through Fido or Vanguard.

Last edited:
I see the offer for free Premier on Fidelity's Guidance & Retirement » Taxes page itself, but only when I am logged in. It appears to the right of the $20 discount link.

Attachments

• TTlink.png
    TTlink.png
    71.1 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
I see the offer for free Premier on Fidelity's Guidance & Retirement » Taxes page itself, but only when I am logged in. It appears to the right of the $20 discount link.

Yea, I'm logged in too and qualify for the free Premier and my screen doesn't have this option. There must be a glitch in what they're putting on the website for this offer. I decided to check my other account and as you can see, I have two different looking pages and neither give me the free option:

Attachments

• fidelity tax1.jpg
    fidelity tax1.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 6
  • fidelity tax2.jpg
    fidelity tax2.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Thanks for the tip! Just downloaded it.

I can't get the Fidelity to offer more than the $20, but maybe I am doing something wrong? When i talked to my Fidelity advisor in mid-Dec, he told me to hang on and he would find out. I implied that other brokerages were giving TT free and I thought Fidelity should also! I expect that I will either get the free download, or get the reimbursement.

Anyone h ave an idea what account level (total assets value?) where fidelity is giving the free download?

I can't get the Fidelity to offer more than the $20, but maybe I am doing something wrong? When i talked to my Fidelity advisor in mid-Dec, he told me to hang on and he would find out. I implied that other brokerages were giving TT free and I thought Fidelity should also! I expect that I will either get the free download, or get the reimbursement.

Anyone h ave an idea what account level (total assets value?) where fidelity is giving the free download?

If you're Private Client status ($1 mil) or an Active Trader, you qualify. Your rep could reimburse you too if you ask. For what it's worth, I'm having the same problem, read my prior post and see attachment photo.

If you're Private Client status ($1 mil) or an Active Trader, you qualify. Your rep could reimburse you too if you ask. For what it's worth, I'm having the same problem, read my prior post and see attachment photo.

Thanks for that info, I should get it free per your rules.

Thanks done. Have been asking my rep about this and he was no help. They must have just added this after seeing vanguard's offer. Downloaded in 11 mins. no problem.

OK - looks like we are making progress. Thanks for the heads up folks! We're ready to try and download Turbotax Premier via Fidelity soon!

Thanks done. Have been asking my rep about this and he was no help. They must have just added this after seeing vanguard's offer. Downloaded in 11 mins. no problem.

Can you provide the web address for your download? I want to try it and see if it'll work for my account.

My voicemail to my Fidelity rep to request a gratis copy of TT premier (as a private client) generated an email reply days later that was only a link to the $20 off offer.

Back
Top Bottom