Turbotax 2017 Amazon available Nov 15

I used TaxCut last year because it was around $20. It worked fine, but the one thing I really didn't like was that when you look at the summary screen, it doesn't show you which sections you have already worked on like Turbotax does. So I never knew for sure if I addressed every section. It seems like an easy thing to fix but it was very distracting for me. I think I'm going back to Turbotax this year, but I would expect the price to drop to around $40 shortly. Maybe there will be a black Friday promo on it.

How many free federal e-files are included for the $20? Also, I assume that one state is included?

I use TT home and business.. retails for $99.. on sale maybe $79..

How many free federal e-files are included for the $20? Also, I assume that one state is included?

5 free federal e-files. One state included, but extra $ for state e-file. Living in FL no interest in state return for me.

That's a great price, I bought for $27.48. Where'd you find for $18? Did that include state?
I'm not sure about the $18 for deluxe. I think $27.48 is about the best for deluxe. I don't need state because my state is so simple (and I like to keep it on paper, just to annoy them). So I'll probably get the basic for $14.98. Amazon has basic for $19.99.

Link shows as $19.95 for me, but still good price if one doesn't need state. I don't need it as FL has no state tax, but son lives in IL and I'm still helping him with his taxes so still need one state.
It also shows $19.95 for me, but better than the "walk in" price. Right now, when I go in to the block site from an anonymous tab, it's showing that Deluxe is $44.95!! I'm not sure what happened to the $27.48.

It's right here.... Deluxe w/1 state return.

Just went to that link. I clicked on "single" and "Have investments" and it recommended PREMIUM, even though DELUXE says Best for homeowners
or investors

What's lacking in the "for investors" version that makes it not suitable for investors?

Just went to that link. I clicked on "single" and "Have investments" and it recommended PREMIUM, even though DELUXE says Best for homeowners
or investors

What's lacking in the "for investors" version that makes it not suitable for investors?

Dunno - I picked up Deluxe, has everything I need.

Dunno - I picked up Deluxe, has everything I need.

I think it's just a way of "over selling" or "upselling"

I didn't even buy or sell anything this yr. Just a little in 2016.

I didn't want dividends from stocks to screw anything up

Thanks

MANY thanks for the link! Just downloaded Deluxe for $19.95! Cheapest price I’ve found.....

(I, too, decided to give up on TaxAct because of their significant price jump last year.)

Yes, thanx for all the Turbo-Tax vs H&R Block et al chatter.

I just installed H&R Block. Ready to go!

Link shows as $19.95 for me, but still good price if one doesn't need state. I don't need it as FL has no state tax, but son lives in IL and I'm still helping him with his taxes so still need one state.

IL has a free tax form for the state, it's really pretty good, so good in fact that even though we had the State included with our HR block software, we did the State Online version.

It is largely based on numbers from the Fed taxes, so that has to be done first.

It's on the left near the top.
8HlS3xtLuqs9cAAAAASUVORK5CYIIA

Illinois Department of Revenue

IL has a free tax form for the state, it's really pretty good, so good in fact that even though we had the State included with our HR block software, we did the State Online version.

It is largely based on numbers from the Fed taxes, so that has to be done first.

It's on the left near the top.
8HlS3xtLuqs9cAAAAASUVORK5CYIIA

Illinois Department of Revenue

I think last year he pulled the state form that H&R Block created and used that to enter into the state's site. Def not worth paying for e-file.

I ordered the TT Premier disk from Amazon today.

As of this typing, TT Deluxe (CD version) + State is going for about $50 at Amazon.

Still about $10 more than I'm willing to pay. I can wait. Time is on my side :).

I'm taking my time. I have estimates of capital gain distributions from the mutual funds but they're all in December so I won't know actual for awhile. Downloads from brokerages typically aren't available till February. I'm fine-tuning my estimates using the 2016 software but can't really file till February.

Back
Top Bottom