Turbotax 2017 Amazon available Nov 15

I don't know why people are having a problem with this.

When I log into Fidelity, I see near the bottom of the home page the following:
one.png

Click on Get started now and I get taken to Intuit where I see this:
two.png

In the lower right (Download) section, click on See Products and you get this:
three.png

I don't know how it could be more straightforward. I think some folks are simply rushing through it and not looking at everything on a page before clicking something.

That bottom pic is not what I saw once I logged into Intuit from the Fidelity link.

Do they offer this to folks with 401k accounts at Fidelity? I sure don't see it on my Fidelity 401k website.

That bottom pic is not what I saw once I logged into Intuit from the Fidelity link.

Same here. But evidently our mistake was logging-in to Intuit first before clicking the little "see products" link under the download option that CRLLS drew a red arrow to. Once you login to Intuit, the download option is gone unless you do the search thing.

Thanks for the Fidelity heads up. Nice perk from Fidelity.

Do they offer this to folks with 401k accounts at Fidelity? I sure don't see it on my Fidelity 401k website.

It is a perk for private client level ($1M in assets I believe is the required). It should include your 401k amounts, but if it does not, talk to your Fidelity rep and they should reimburse you if not offered free; assuming you have $1M in assets with Fidelity.

Like clockwork, near the new year, Turbotax Deluxe (PC/Mac CD version) is about $39 (before tax) at Amazon today.

I pulled the trigger and bought. Thanks to camelcamelcamel price watcher for the alert :).

Like clockwork, near the new year, Turbotax Deluxe (PC/Mac CD version) is about $39 (before tax) at Amazon today.

Bingo! Thanks for the post. I just ordered mine, too, $39.86 plus tax with state included. Same low price as last year.

Bingo! Thanks for the post. I just ordered mine, too, $39.86 plus tax with state included. Same low price as last year.

You're welcome.

Good things come to those who wait :).

Just for kicks, I'm gonna track to see if the price goes down even further to $29.99 before tax day in April.

I pulled the trigger and bought. Thanks to camelcamelcamel price watcher for the alert :).

Just ordered. Thanks for the reminder. I like the CD version so I have a physical copy of the program. It may get cheaper at some point, but for under $40 to do my taxes and a couple family members', I'm good. Should be here by Saturday so I can work on my taxes and planning for 2018 on New Years day.

Just looked and I paid $50 for it last year. Saved $10 bucks. :)

Just ordered. Thanks for the reminder. I like the CD version so I have a physical copy of the program. It may get cheaper at some point, but for under $40 to do my taxes and a couple family members', I'm good. Should be here by Saturday so I can work on my taxes and planning for 2018 on New Years day.

Just looked and I paid $50 for it last year. Saved $10 bucks. :)

I already purchase too. But figure, might be good to see Amazon's selling pattern for next year, since I don't plan on filing until March or April 2018.

Glad to get the purchase done at a reasonable price compared to the initial $59 or so.

I just ordered a copy for myself on Amazon. Thanks for the tip !!

If someone just has IRA withdrawals, Roth conversions and is a homeowner, which TurboTax product is most useful? Deluxe or Premiere?

FYI, Turbotax Deluxe is also $39.96 at Costco and costoco.com.

I was just at Costco and they have $10 off until 1/2/18 Making the final price for TT Deluxe with State $29.86

I cancelled my Amazon order and will buy from Costco.

Last edited:
I was just at Costco and they have $10 off until 1/2/18 Making the final price for TT Deluxe with State $29.86

I just bought TT Deluxe with State at Costco for this price. They mail you the CD, which I actually prefer to the downloadable version. They say the price is good until 1/2/18 "as long as supplies last".

When I tried to buy from Costco online at this price I got a message that said "Out of Stock."

When I tried to buy from Costco online at this price I got a message that said "Out of Stock."

I did too. I'm glad someone got in on the deal, but by the time I cancelled my order and tried to buy at Costco, they were all gone (stores and online). :(

Going to keep checking until 1/2/18. Also, someone at the store said they'll get more. I said, yes, but the sale is only until 1/2/18. They said, there will be more and they will be on sale. Here's hoping they are correct. Thankfully, I can't really file right away as I wait for 1099's, however, I'll buy something by mid January if Costco doesn't come through.

Lagniappe said:
Here in California, the TT Deluxe with State on-line price at Costco is $49.86. It is discounted $10 through 1/2/18 for a final price of $39.86.
I don't think you can buy TT on-line for $29. Maybe it's in-store only?
EH_J2Es73u1CgIfE2vneAV2_FI-n-6fI8dGLkE3UmwPMMZgIP71OehF0bsAVB4oK-CZ0GfH2GgJzxF48Y7WM2WButEHWKOfuAug5QlSwUk6p5BkxXCzmY9ueoTs80wGa3tL5jqdKO8HMA5RPU_u2p8-KGwch7WPsCCCEUHSFSTulgstmVqzsQ0AfOUaFTJZfTLpHaWlYkpE251Tvy7H2bhyjnHNnSc34iZGe-wZ6_khjWOiPLjwv1g6xk1zMym-JybcYs_Nqvu0_BEcPsLUENsvh_OZ_VuXBPn4YwuDpCrQvQQgYtDvXDTJB2Tx4myY-RS8RppfHA9z_qBB0o6j57ElIx4RRTGimBoKA-2yEGf0T23R5p6BLIcUcXAEODmafd_dr9P_7i33CrSO8Fi3nBQmjt-0pTDj2IGDG_sA3LiCvNhPOVZQB639euSMzPi1u88aH9N1_tG_cKoFmECwQ2zFXgJRTnaOMF3BDAk9ux1zdXz1nrAF5hHkX4lNEHxREUOXL9--iMZN_Q8QtoTdTrSfv0MSrWJjJyFIuvu7GUZCvV7-NJJURhuzLutKspYGKF4VKcMhtavss66vHfvVDBNPU8zC4lXi_9bdTsQ=w1130-h635-no

AF1QipPvcKt3VgFQA3rdLsTQuke8nIgbUNPaWjo0-Y8P

Last edited:
I googled turbotax 2017 and got options for Deluxe at $27ish from Tax Expert and Tax Pros. It's a downloaded version, but I don't care as long as I can do multiple Feds, which it says I can. Anyone have experience with these?

I googled turbotax 2017 and got options for Deluxe at $27ish from Tax Expert and Tax Pros. It's a downloaded version, but I don't care as long as I can do multiple Feds, which it says I can. Anyone have experience with these?

I have the TurboTax Home & Business 2017 Fed+Efile+State PC/MAC Disc [Amazon Exclusive]. I can do as many returns as I want. The state is free.

The same with the Business version. I have nine companies, some LLC, some S-Corps. Just one software.

Hopefully Fidelity offers it free to premium customers again.

Before getting it from Fidelity I waited for it to go on sale at Costco which usually matched the Amazon price.

Here is what Fidelity told me.

Thank you for contacting Fidelity Investments. I appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

The free Turbo Tax offer is currently for those with 120 or more trades per year. If you have further questions about this, please contact your Private Client Group at:

800-544-5704
8:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m., Eastern time
Monday through Friday

I know you have a choice when it comes to investment companies. Thank you for choosing to invest with Fidelity. Have a Happy New Year!

Back
Top Bottom