Join Early Retirement Today

Turbotax filing delays
Old 02-28-2014, 06:56 PM   #1
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Turbotax filing delays

Is anyone else waiting for Form 8960 to be updated in Turbotax so that you can file your federal tax returns? Turbotax has been showing "available soon" for this form for over a month. I saw an article on the internet stating the new forms were published by the IRS yesterday, but apparently Turbotax is still reviewing them and will not update their software unit March 6th now. I don't remember ever having to wait this long before being able to file my federal tax returns.
Ready is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-28-2014, 09:03 PM   #2
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

They didn't have enough lead time to get that form done.

Retired Jan 2012 at age 56
pb4uski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 10:24 PM   #3

According to this link form 8960 is now supported and available:
https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/18...tes-individual
and an explaination for the delay:
https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/22...ble-at-irs-gov

It is the interaction of the 8960 with forms 4835 8814 and Schedules c,e,f,and k-1 that is the problem. The IRS instructions were in draft form. They say that the processing based on the final instructions should be out the middle of next week.
meierlde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 11:23 PM   #4
Recycles dryer sheets

I updated TurboTax yesterday -- I have the downloaded version -- and form 8960 (final) was in that update.
Rosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 08:03 AM   #5

My status just changed to ready. I e-filed my forms this morning. 2013 Taxes now done. Glad to get that off my plate.
Ready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 10:00 AM   #6
Confused about dryer sheets

I used Turbo Tax Deluxe and form 8660 for a Roth conversion with a basis. I have my state refund and the federal refund has been mailed as of yesterday. I forgot to DD the federal one. I think the update for form 8606 might have to do with any mutual funds investment maybe? My state was rejected because Turbo Tax had to update a form and it told me click on the button to update and I did and it was accepted within minutes. This was the around Valentines Day when I e-filed. I would contact Turbo Tax and let them update if you dont have a fix it button. I know last year I had some issues because I bought a new Apple Computer and it does not have a place for a disk and they did not support form 8606 when doing it in the cloud? So they helped me download the program on my computer but I lost all my input and had to start over and they gave me a free Turbo Tax Deluxe for state and federal e-file. I had disclaimed my husband traditional IRA's and did a small conversion and took his RMD for that year as required and had a horrible time but their lawyers spent 3 hours and 45 minutes with IRS and me getting it to work and in the end the federal went OK but not the state so they told me to just print and send it. Everything went fine last year and this year also with another conversion and the separating of the basis and giving the contingent beneficiaries their share of the basis. Have used Turbo Tax for as long as I have had a computer. I love their support and tax lawyers and community support.
Ally6770 is offline   Reply With Quote