Turbotax now offering free upgrade

REattempt

Recycles dryer sheets
I have been a turbotax advantage member for many years. That simply means that I have automatic purchase setup so I get it when it is released.

This email was sent to me as advantage member today:

You may have heard about the changes we made to our desktop products, both the CD and download versions, including removing support for Schedules C, D, E and F from TurboTax Deluxe. These tax forms are required to report business income, investment and stock sales, and rental property income.

Because you are a loyal TurboTax Advantage member, if while preparing your return, your tax situation requires any of the forms listed above, you will automatically be upgraded for free into the product that's right for you.

We appreciate your continued confidence in TurboTax. If you haven't downloaded your product, sign in and get it today.

What a mess they created and are dealing with....

They did it to themselves and people are jumping ship in droves, just take a look at all the blowback they got on Amazon for the Deluxe version. Even had to publicly apologize for the 'lack of communication' about it.

I've already switched to H&R Block Deluxe+State, got a deal for the CD version off of Slickdeals for $10+tax. Got bait and switched by Turbotax Online for a $30 upgrade fee last year to do Schedule C & D and was going to bail on them this year no matter what.

If I don't get a free version of TurboTax from Vanguard that includes Sched C, D & E and electronic filing next year or thereafter (I did get Premier free this year finally), I will most likely switch to a competitors product, even though I've used TT exclusively for more than 10 years.

It'll be very interesting to see what Intuit does next year...

Intuit should have just increased the price of their versions instead of the old switcharoo with the big surprise to deluxe users. IMO, come tax time, the last thing a filer wants is the surprise and delay, even more than a higher cost.

Any tax product calling itself "Deluxe" which doesn't have Schedule D included isn't very "Deluxe" in my opinion. That should just be a given.

Wait until the final numbers are in. I bet that Intuit will come out on top. The other products are terrible by comparison that even if a small portion of their customer base leaves, a large portion of that portion will be back the next year, when they don't have to admit it in a discussion forum. :) And moreover, I bet those that come back will feel emboldened by giving Intuit less money, having switched from the CD/downloadable product to the online product, even though that is part of Intuit's objectives, since they make more profit on the online product than on the CD/downloadable product.

Just wait and see.

Back
Top Bottom