Two Dividends?

hellbender

Recycles dryer sheets
I note this morning that Vanguard is declaring two dividends for it's bond funds . . . . the normal monthly dividend for Dec and a separate "baby" dividend payable at the end of January. I have never seen this before. Can someone explain? Thanks.

I note this morning that Vanguard is declaring two dividends for it's bond funds . . . . the normal monthly dividend for Dec and a separate "baby" dividend payable at the end of January. I have never seen this before. Can someone explain? Thanks.

I've gotten those over the years it's a little end of year cleaning out the closet dividend - most often capital gain in nature

Danny

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this can happen if they find out that the actual capital gains and dividends for the year were slightly different than what they assumed, and they have to make another small distribution to account for the difference.

Back
Top Bottom