Unexpected Social Security Deposit

potto0213

Dryer sheet aficionado
I turn 70 this February. I am expecting to get my first Social Security check during the 3rd week of March. Today, I noticed a small deposit in my bank account that is apparently from Social Security. I was not expecting anything.
I checked the My Social Security website and all it shows is that a decision has been made for my Social Security Application and that I should receive a letter soon. There is nothing to indicate that any deposit has been made to my account.

Has any one else experienced this or have an idea what it might be?

A refund of your prepayment for part B Medicare which going forward will be deducted from your SS check?

I second the notion it has something to do with Medicare part B payments. Since you are starting SS at age 70 next month, but you are already on Medicare, you have been paying Medicare Part B premiums yourself. But when you start getting SS payments, the Part B premiums will be deducted directly from them. So, I am thinking SS is somehow thinking you will have overpaid Part B premiums and refunded such overpayment.

Found this in another thread about Medicare Part B Premium Start Time, a response posted just two days ago: "I remember someone telling us about Telly’s scenario. During the switchover, the first payment was duplicate both taken from Easypay due to paying ahead, and again from the first SS check. Then the EasyPay payment was refunded at some point not long after."

Yes, based on the amount I think this is the correct answer.

Many Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom