Updatable CD post?

MooreBonds

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
How would people feel about starting a post that people can post to in order to spread the word for the current best CD deals? Ideally, the post would be JUST the CD-post (and any questions related just to the post/company offering the CD), and no extraneous comments that would threaten a hijack...people could post an alert whenever a CD rate matches, beats, or is within 10-20 basis points of the current post.

Problem is that some of the best rates are only available at Credit Unions that not everyone is eligible to join. Additionally many CD's are encumbered with different conditions -- penalty amounts and duration (ie 1 years interest, 6 months interest, ALL interest), ability to take interest as monthly payment or inability to do so, compounding factors (ie daily, monthly, yearly). Besides as has been pointed out there are several sites that already offer this information (although you have to hunt at most of them for Credit Union rates).

My vote would be to not do it and just use the current method of some who use them just posting information on particular ones that they have found as good buys.

Disclaimer....this is a repeat (hard not to at this stage)...................

I have spent a lot of time looking on the internet for places to park
cash (this is especially important because of the large amount of
promo rate CC money I have in play). In all cases I was able to meet or beat
the rates locally with just a little shopping. I no longer bother to check
elsewhere; just call around to my usual places and/or watch the local
papers.

JG

thansk wahoo and pete.

unbelievalbe useful info for an average Joe like me. please keep it coming....

enuff

Back
Top Bottom