USAA Subscribers Savings Account (SSA) ~ Senior Bonus (10%)

mickeyd

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering C
There was a post here about a month ago about the USAA SSA senior bonus. As I have now been a member for 40 years (P&C customer), I guess I'm now a senior!

On 2/16/07 my P&C bill was credited with $478.37 toward my $120.35 February bill!

My last SSA statement (2/14/06) indicated a balance of $4385.77, so USAA credited my 2006 premiums paid and factored it into the total and credited me with 10% of the new total, which must be $4783.70.

This is such a great bonus and I am wondering why USAA does not promote it as a positive aspect of being a long-time customer. I had never heard of this until USAA sent me a letter in mid December 2006 that advised me that I had been with them for 40 years etc.

I have no idea how much I have paid in these 40 years of auto and homeowners premiums, probably close to $20k-$30k, but, for that premium, I think that I have received pretty good insurance coverage though I have filed very few claims in my lifetime.

I assume that there are other USAA "seniors" on this forum who have received this financial windfall annually also.

Only in my 21st year with them and doubt it very much if I will make 19 more but those yearly little checks (now credits) are nice along with the larger SSA increases in each February.

Your SSA balance is a nice little bit of change to leave behind for final bills also. :'(

I have been a USAA member for almost 38 years. Every December I get a check for the overage in my SSA account.

The money does come in handy at Christmas.

2soon

Back
Top Bottom