Value Lean Needed?

lem1955

Recycles dryer sheets
I just listened to a Zoom session by the manager of a Community Foundation's portfolio. Again he stressed the over-valuation of a few stocks, specifically, Apple, Amazon and Tesla. He also showed a graph of the Euphoria-Panic index which showed Euphoria higher than ever before, which suggests a downturn would hit overvalued Growth stocks hardest. I'm not looking to make a huge change to my AA, but I am thinking of increasing my Value lean. For those of you who invest with Vanguard and use more than VTSAX for Equity Allocation, what funds in what mix comprise your Equity Allocation?

Vanguard has ETF's that tilt towards value: VBR, VOE, VTV.

I perked up when you mentioned an Euphoria-Panic index. Apparently, it's a proprietary thing from Citi.

Panic/Euphoria Components: NYSE short interest ratio, margin debt, Nasdaq daily volume as % of NYSE volume, a composite average of Investors Intelligence and the American Association of Individual Investors bullishness data, retail money funds, the put/call ratio, CRB futures index, gasoline prices and the ratio of price premiums in puts versus calls.

Vanguard has ETF's that tilt towards value: VBR, VOE, VTV.

I perked up when you mentioned an Euphoria-Panic index. Apparently, it's a proprietary thing from Citi.

Panic/Euphoria Components: NYSE short interest ratio, margin debt, Nasdaq daily volume as % of NYSE volume, a composite average of Investors Intelligence and the American Association of Individual Investors bullishness data, retail money funds, the put/call ratio, CRB futures index, gasoline prices and the ratio of price premiums in puts versus calls.

Yes, the Investment Manager speaking has a subscription to the Citi Euphoria-Panic Index. I can find all the mutual funds and ETFs that tilt toward value and I know how to compare them to each other and to the Total Stock Index, but I'm looking for others' suggestions about how strong a lean to make. Right now about 12% of my equity allocation is in VVIAX which doesn't have a great record.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom