vanguard 1099

wallygator69

Recycles dryer sheets
Hi,

I have no 1099 available at VG website for my Joint brokerage account.

Anyone got there's yet?

Thx

Wally

I expected mine in February but it showed up online early on the Vanguard site. I think it was the last week in January.

My account is just one mutual fund so it's not anything complex.

Got our "consolidated tax info" online a couple days ago, so we must be in the 1099-consolidated (group 1). It appears I won't get all the individual docs anymore (e.g. 1099-DIV by holding, etc.) but the consolidated form is probably more convenient anyway.

VG does things in at least two waves. Late January and some time around the third week in February. Then in March, the corrections come out - which is timely since most tax software is reasonably stable by the end of March.

yes been with VG 15 years. always was available in January.

I'll call next week if doesn't show.
They'll probably just point you to the link that JoeWras included in post #2, and wouldn't consider it late unless it's not online by March 17. Just because you were in the first group in the past doesn't guarantee you're in it this year, even if your account didn't get more complicated last year.

If I were in your situation I would've expected it in January as well, but I don't know that I'd waste my time with a call if it wasn't. I wouldn't want to be stuck on hold as apparently happens to a lot of people, nor would I want to add to the phone logjam. But that's just me.

I was able to download my tax forms from Vanguard on January 26th. This included my 1099-R for my Roth conversion, as well as the consolidated form that contains the 1099-DIV, 1099-MISC, and 1099-INT.

However, the importable forms weren't available until yesterday, Feb 3rd. Entering all the brokerage transactions manually is kind of a pain, so I was thankful I could import the data directly into the H&R Block software.

No 100% in Federal Money Market.

Thx

could be that there is no income in the account. FMM was not paying much so if income is trivial, you may not get a 1099-Div. Payers are not required to issue DIVs if the income is less than $10, I think.

could be that there is no income in the account. FMM was not paying much so if income is trivial, you may not get a 1099-Div. Payers are not required to issue DIVs if the income is less than $10, I think.
Yep. If it is under $10, most won't generate a 1099.

Back
Top Bottom