Vanguard Cash Deposit (New Feature)

jazz4cash

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I got a weird email from Vanguard “Introducing New Cash Deposit” which is an option for for the settlement fund in your brokerage account. It looks like someone sent out a draft template of the email (“Cash Deposit is now paying X% apy). When you click the link the apy is 3.5% but the Federal MM is >5%!! Cash Deposit has a great FDIC limit but what am I missing?

I received a similar email, but my percentages were different. Mine was for 4.5% which I accepted and deposited $100 in just to open. I'm getting a little over 5% in my credit unions CDs, so don't plan to put any additional funds in unless they can beat my CD rates.

Yes, they have those, due to FDIC insurance.

When I got my invite - the higher rate wasn't available for IRAs. (I'm currently using the federal money market for my settlement accounts.)

The Cash Plus account offers 4.5 percent (variable) and the money is deposited in a group of program banks. It's a pilot project and is available by invitation only. My account and demographics are apparently not attractive, as I have not received the invitation. I can get 4.5 percent in several banks, so it's a convenience thing for me. I'm getting slightly over 5 percent in the MM accounts, so I'm not too upset.

The Cash Deposit account pays 3.5 percent and appears to be open to anyone. It has been around for awhile.

Back
Top Bottom