Vanguard Fit

To echo what I think is the consensus. Vanguard givesfriendly competent services (I think they are especially good with senior citizen/less sophisticated investor i.e. Mom). However, there is a Vanguard way of doing things and it isn't fast and isn't flexible.

My experience with Schwab has varied from good to fantastic, I've seen them jump through hoops to accommodate my and my families needs.

For the most part I use ETFs through Schwab to access most Vanguard offerings, if I was a big Fidelity customer I'd do the same thing.

Vanguard prides itself on being the low-cost leader, but the competition has caught up in cost and may be eating Vanguard's lunch. The processing speed of Vanguard's transactions (i.e., 401K rollover, exchanging funds, buying/selling funds) is less than desirable even though we hardly trade.

Vanguard prides itself on being the low-cost leader, but the competition has caught up in cost and may be eating Vanguard's lunch. The processing speed of Vanguard's transactions (i.e., 401K rollover, exchanging funds, buying/selling funds) is less than desirable even though we hardly trade.

They seem to be doing OK. Vanguard Gets Gold Medal for ETF Growth - Seeking Alpha. I use Scottrade however for trading in ETF's, Vanguard just manages our tax deferred accounts.

DD

It also doesnt help when people make up their own facts or only want to look at the facts they like or the ones that support their predisposition...two things that are known to drive INTJ's up the wall.

Okay, back to your topic still in progress.... ;)

I've looked everywhere, but can't find the answer. What does "INTJ" mean. Thanks.

I've looked everywhere, but can't find the answer. What does "INTJ" mean. Thanks.

It's one of the Myers-Briggs personality profiles:

Portrait of an INTJ

Introvert
iNtuition
Thinking
Judging

From Wikipedia:

When my group was tested, it was amazing to see the differences in action.

Orchidflower knows quite a bit more about this and other personality tests, I'll find that old thread if I can.

Oh, I'm an INTP.

Back
Top Bottom