Vanguard lowers Treasury MM fund minimum fro 50K to 3K

kevink

Full time employment: Posting here.
Not that most here are going to be all that excited about the yields, but the Vanguard Treasury MM fund with its .09% ER has long been far-and-away the best Treasury MM fund available from any major brokerage.

Historically the 50K minimum investment and somewhat frequent closings of the fund to new investors during market meltdowns have been obstacles. At least the first of these is now gone:

https://advisors.vanguard.com/pub/Pdf/sp11.pdf

For those who subscribe to the old Will Rogers saw ("I'm more concerned with the return OF my principal than the return ON it") VUSXX is about as good as it gets.

They generally offer each fund in an Admiral Share option where if you invest a minimum of $50K you get a lower expense ratio than the standard fund. It looks like they consolidated the Admiral share and regular share into one fund. I’m not sure what the prior expense ratios were though so they may have just raised the expense ratio by eliminating the Admiral share discount.

They generally offer each fund in an Admiral Share option where if you invest a minimum of $50K you get a lower expense ratio than the standard fund. It looks like they consolidated the Admiral share and regular share into one fund. I’m not sure what the prior expense ratios were though so they may have just raised the expense ratio by eliminating the Admiral share discount.

The Treasury Money Market had a $50k minimum. I don't believe there was an Admiral Shares class.

vmmxx vs vusxx = you'll get 100% invested back most likely.
I recognize minuscule differences, but thats me.
As mentioned: The main difference among the 10 Vanguard money market funds is how the funds’ income is taxed at the federal and state level. As well as, as mentioned minimums.
The links outdated minimuns aside, risks are similar.
https://thefinancebuff.com/which-vanguard-money-market-fund.html

Good luck & best wishes....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom