Vanguard US Growth Fund.........

Having an index fund means never having a fund manager yell at you.

Having an index fund means never having a fund manager yell at you.

But he did, and that's BS............:D:D:D

Yeah, 10 years at -3.0% a year, where do I sign up?? :D

Chasing high returns again. It's not that I don't care about returns at all (which I think is the most obvious statement ever), it's just that understanding the risk and realizing that some funds will underperform and others won't when they aren't index funds. Also, it's always easy to pick on something that is down, maybe this just means it is cheaper! (not a recommendation per se)

But he did, and that's BS............:D:D:D

Yeah, 10 years at -3.0% a year, where do I sign up?? :D

I don't see how having AllianceBernstein manage your fund makes it an index fund... sounds like an actively managed one to me.

No wonder it did so poorly, being actively managed and all.:p

I don't see how having AllianceBernstein manage your fund makes it an index fund... sounds like an actively managed one to me.

Yeah, that is funny. Maybe Vanguard knows something no one else does? Interesting that they are replacing the manager who is retiring with his proteges, who no doubt will continue the awesome performance......

There's plenty of actively managed funds doing well............;)

Just goes to show that even though an actively managed fund has low costs doesn't mean it will have good returns.

Adam Bold of the Mutual Fund Store was trash talking this fund on his radio show last Saturday, like a shark to bloody water>:D

Vanguard US Growth was my first after-tax mutual fund purchase, shortly after 9/11. :-\ Watching it languish while the market was taking off has largely put me off managed funds. I liquidated it and have been sitting on the cash for a while, waiting to get back into the market. Might try Vanguard's Total Stock Market fund this time.

Back
Top Bottom