WalMart buy Lowes?

Bigritchie

Recycles dryer sheets
Hello Hello, I just got back from a mini-vacation camping on the lake, and I heard through the grapevine that Walmart is now the largest stock holder of Lowes. Anyone else heard this or can confirm it? I heard it was very hush hush so far.

Well, the certainly aren't the biggest shareholder of Lowes.

Capital Research & Mgmt (American Funds) is.

Walmart isn't even in the top 20 shareholders. Also, if they were going to buy it, they would do a tender offer, not slowly accumulate shares.

In addition, from those who have dealt with them on the banking side, they are among the most tight lipped company around. If they were going to buy them, it wouldn't be talked about on a fishing trip to the lake.

Well, the certainly aren't the biggest shareholder of Lowes.

Capital Research & Mgmt (American Funds) is.

Walmart isn't even in the top 20 shareholders. Also, if they were going to buy it, they would do a tender offer, not slowly accumulate shares.

In addition, from those who have dealt with them on the banking side, they are among the most tight lipped company around. If they were going to buy them, it wouldn't be talked about on a fishing trip to the lake.

Well that all depends on who I go fishing with on the lake with now doesn't it ;)

Back
Top Bottom