Wash DC Area ER meetup (again)

FYI City Tap back room is for parties of 15 or more with a $1500 min . #1. Doubt we will have 15 but maybe. #2. Us cheapo ER folks aren't ponying up $1500. Plan is to reserve a regular table for 10(?) people at 4:30 on that Saturday. I'll le tyou know when I can make that res.
Has anyone heard from BigDawg? I called City Tap in Penn Quarter. They only had one reservation at 430 and it was for 4 people. No way to know if that is "us".

Has anyone heard from BigDawg? I called City Tap in Penn Quarter. They only had one reservation at 430 and it was for 4 people. No way to know if that is "us".
I'll probably be there at 4:30 or a bit earlier; our junior is home from college, and I'd like to have some family time this evening. I'll try to sit at a decent sized table. HawkeyeNFO, I suggest we say "Early Retirement", so we avoid yelling FIRE in a crowded restaurant! :LOL:

That would work. We will get there 430 per original plan and call it FIRE.

See you there!

ETA: will try not to yell but either name should work.

;)

Metro is holding us on the train and not going through Ballston due to some police investigation. Right now I'm stuck on the train between the I-66 lanes

It happened, and a great time was had by all! That's me on the the right, and also in attendance were Montecfo, jazz4cash, Clark, and HawkeyeNFO.

Attachments

• 20230415_194557.jpg
    20230415_194557.jpg
    552.9 KB · Views: 36
It happened, and a great time was had by all! That's me on the the right, and also in attendance were Montecfo, jazz4cash, Clark, and HawkeyeNFO.
Was really fun.

Great meeting everyone and enjoying some good beer and eats.

Looking forward to next time.

Sorry I missed you all but my grandson's Bar Mitzvah was fun. You look like a young bunch of early retirees. I would have bumped up the group's average age at my 18+ years into my "ER."

So sorry everyone. I'll be honest, there was zero conversation the past few days/this week regarding this so I let it lie. Didn't seem like much interest anyway. Only a few people said they might be interested. I was planning on making a reservation for 8 people (I didn't). I was planning on stopping by after my 2 pm baseball game. Should have arrived at about 4:30. Actually took a fast ball right off the mask from a D1 prospect. I'm fine but was so pissed at the catcher. Trainer came out to check on me. When asked "where I was" I confirmed that I was indeed in Cancun hanging out with the Swedish bikini team. The game continued after a one hour thunder/lightning delay. The soonest I would have been able to arrive would have been about 6:15. Sounds like a few people showed up. Hope you all enjoyed yourselves. Please accept my apologies. Promise to do better next time. That is unless I'm kicked out of ER.org for this offense. A few more excuses: Hadn't checked the site in a few days because just found out I'm going to be a grandpa and on Friday night I had the plate for a 2 hour, 50 minute, muddy 12-8 sh1$ show of a baseball game. I'll go ahead and put myself in the penalty box for 5 minutes and a game misconduct. If you all have mercy on me and we do this again, the first round is on me.

Last edited:
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WEAK Dawg ;-)

I only had to give blood, I will wear my new Give Blood Be Cool Snoopy shirt so you'll know it's me....

Lets hook up soon and meet face to face.

Back
Top Bottom