Wh... Wh.... Wh(eee!)... Party like it's 1929

That chart is a LOT of fun to look at Lsbcal, even if it has no predicitve qualities whatsoever. I'm giving myself permission to get very excited and all worked up. Might as well have my fun while I can :LOL:

I think W2R is too happy in retirement. We need to devise a plan to send her back to work. That should dampen some of that exuberance.:D

I think W2R is too happy in retirement. We need to devise a plan to send her back to work. That should dampen some of that exuberance.:D
Yeah, well, she probably sold out and went 100% cash about 10 minutes ago.

After the crash subsides, she'll be buying back in...

You'd be surprised to see how fast an exuberant fat white-haired woman can run.... :D

Our net worth is higher than it was five years ago, despite withdrawing all our living expenses, and not putting any money in. At this rate we can live forever.

Maybe these numbers will get retail investors excited enough that they'll buy more stocks and I can rebalance soon. :)

The next whole number we might see is NASDAQ 3000. That number hasn't been crossed since Dec 2000. That should be good for some exuberant type headlines! People will start remembering the good old days of 1999!

We had several days where the DOW crossed 13000 but got pulled back below. There seemed to be some concerted selling whenever DOW crossed. Yesterday, it would have closed above 13000 except for some big program selling in the last 30 seconds. Today they tried to do it again, but they didn't try hard enough! :)

Now that we closed above I wonder it the market close programs will change their strategy.

Audrey

Last edited:
:LOL:

We should all click the "report post" button whenever W2R gets giddy like this!

Be careful what you say, remember who will have to be dealing with all the reports coming in.

It is nice to be into year 3 of ER and have savings that are 13% higher than when we started. Let's just hope nothing is going to smack us in the face right when we are enjoying the ride.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 4
Our net worth is higher than it was five years ago, despite withdrawing all our living expenses, and not putting any money in. At this rate we can live forever.
Considering what we've been through, that's impressive and must be reassuring to you for the future.

Oh lawdy, I'd better sell all my holdings and flee for the hills.
At the very least, it's a chance for you to sell some stocks and to rebalance it into a class C RV. :dance:

Even with my ultra-conservative asset allocation, my portfolio is up 14% from its value a year ago! Those of you with more daring are probably up twice that or more. What a nice thing to see, even though just on paper.

:clap: :dance: :clap: :dance: :D

At the very least, it's a chance for you to sell some stocks and to rebalance it into a class C RV. :dance:
You'll be one of the first to know when I do that NW-Bound. There are a few different things in my life (as well as finances) that will all play a part but when the planets align, there'll be no stopping me.

On my way home from the market today, I passed a Class C (looked like about a 24 footer) parked by the roadside that was obviously being lived in full-time. It was a former rental that had been sold (I could tell, as the rental company's logo was still visible from where it had been removed). I stopped, walked all around it and had a good look, hoping that the owners would see me and come out so we could chat.

The feeling of excitement I get whenever I see an RV on the road or parked is a sure sign that this is in my future......

So root for the markets please and help me out with my full-time RV dreams :LOL:

The feeling of excitement I get whenever I see an RV on the road or parked is a sure sign that this is in my future......

So root for the markets please and help me out with my full-time RV dreams :LOL:

Good, good, good.

Before I got mine, I spent countless hours surfing rvtrader dot com, eBay, RV dealer web sites, and RV forums. Then, one day, my wife happened to spot one on craigslist in our price range, and its size was just about what we wanted. So, we did not have to go out-of-town to buy one as I originally feared. In CA, I am sure there are plenty for you to choose from.

Now, that we have owned one and know what we like or dislike, the next purchase will be easier. For example, knowing that I enjoy traveling this way, next time I would not mind paying more for a diesel class C, which would be better in the long run when fuel prices start to go up.

Yup, my current one is the first, but not going to be the last.

Last edited:
NW-Bound - I'm starting to feel a bit guilty that we're in danger of turning every thread into an RV thread :LOL:

So let's get this thread back on track -

Wh - oh, hang on, only one person here is allowed to say that word. She has the sole license to utter it :)

Even with my ultra-conservative asset allocation, my portfolio is up 14% from its value a year ago! Those of you with more daring are probably up twice that or more. What a nice thing to see, even though just on paper.
:clap: :dance: :clap: :dance: :D
Hokay, I can take a hint!

Soon as I finish my Dad's taxes and estimate his 2012 numbers, I'll be selling off a chunk of his Fidelity OTC Portfolio (FOCPX), with its honkin' 1.06% expense ratio.

Spouse and I are just going to sit tight on our holdings, collect some dividends, and maybe sell a few more call options if the rebalancing math works out.

I kid you not that I came here tonight looking to see if 'this' thread was here. Last year when you posted this we tanked!

I have to say though that this bull market has taught me a lot or maybe I should say that its made me want to learn a lot.

Back
Top Bottom