What fund or ETF do you use for your international equity component?

stephenson

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Putting both non-taxable and taxable equity portfolios together ...

Can do via Vanguard or Fidelity or hold funds or ETFs in either location, I think.

Thanks!

I use VEA (all developed markets) and VWO (emerging markets).

Last edited:
I use VTIAX (Vanguard Total International Stock Index Fund Admiral Shares) both in taxable and non-taxable.

BlackRock has one for developed international for if you want to tilt away from Europe (EPP - iShares MSCI Pacific ex Japan ETF). It also avoids Japan. Many of the countries represented have high level of economic freedom, which might be a consideration when making up your international component.

VTI and VXUS.

Of course, your definition of international and mine will be different...

SCHE for emerging markets
SCHF for developed international

Like dividends so am finding IHDG effective plus VWO for emerging mkt

DODFX and VGTSX

FSGDX, which includes emerging markets, for my simple portfolio.

VTIAX in my taxable and a Blackrock MSCI ACWI Index fund (actually a collective investment trust) in my 401k.

Thanks, All ...I'm going to collate the responses today and see if there is a common theme I can construct my component using Fidelity funds. Spent some time yesterday starting spreadsheet trying to align Vanguard and Fidelity funds.

Thanks, again!!

I use VTIAX and VFWIX interchangeably.... have sold one for a tax loss and bought the other.

Why look for a common theme?

FWIW I use vfwax for large cap international and vinex for small cap international. My allocation to these is 40/60.

Common themes are important if you believe that smart people will make somewhat the same good choices with their money ...then, given a large enough data set of those smart people, patterns begin to emerge.

Vanguard International Explorer Fund, VINEX (admiral).

If it were so easy all one would have to do is read articles that survey the best investment managers. There are plenty of those kind of articles in sources such as Barron's.

I have my main accounts Fidelity and I have my international exposure in FSIVX. So far so good. I also play around with NSRIX (Global Sustainability Index fund) in my etrade account to see how that will do as I like to socially conscious bent of that one.

Lsbcal,

I don't think this is easy ...isn't much philosophy, either ...just a series of choices that thoughtful people make and share.

Thanks.

If this is for taxable accounts, don't forget to look at QDI. For some reason, Vanguard international funds often have lower QDI than iShares for similar asset classes.

Back
Top Bottom