What is the average age of your vehicle fleet?

What is the average age of your fleet of vehicles?

• 0-5 years old

Votes: 36 28.6%
  • 6-10

Votes: 53 42.1%
  • 11-15

Votes: 24 19.0%
  • 16-20

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • 21-25

Votes: 4 3.2%
  • 26 and older

Votes: 4 3.2%

• Total voters
Good thread, I assume this was started off the one I asked about how cars are purchased?

less than 5 years was my pick

2006 Ridgeline and 2006 Accord- bought both on same day.

1995 Nissan minivan - 150K miles
2003 Nissan SUV - 25K miles

We drove the minivan much more than the SUV because the minivan got better gas mileage. DW retired and I am semi-retired, hence do not drive much.

Good thread, I assume this was started off the one I asked about how cars are purchased?

less than 5 years was my pick

2006 Ridgeline and 2006 Accord- bought both on same day.

You are correct sir.

I almost hated to participate in this one because it makes me feel like a spendthrift. :whistle:Our two cars are both 5 years old. But, I feel compelled to point out that at the time we bought these cars, my old car was 19 and SO's car was 16 years old. It just happened that we both had to replace them in the same year, unfortunately. We had hoped to space out our car purchases a bit.

Still drive a 1990 Ford Mustang.. :smitten: Granted it barely gets any miles per year and another major repair will kill it...Ah but she still keeps on licking... Oh the other wench is a 2008 Nissan Alitma...

1999 Lexus. Very reliable with few problems. Except that the check engine light has been on for the last 1.5 years & my mechanic couldn't figure out why.

1 truck - '91 Toyota Pick-Up, 165k and my daily driver (only a short commute to work) so 19 years. I am guessing a lot of the 20+ years vehicles are not daily drivers so that makes mine (and Shawn's) pretty impressive.

It is certainly a little rough around the edges but very reliable. Some of yota's best days IMO were 80s and early 90s.

Not a lady magnet but Uncle Mick would be proud of my inner cheap bastard for still driving it.

14 y/o beater/commuter car & 1 y/o family car...7.5 year average doesn't sound that bad. The older vehicle only has 65K on it, believe it or not, but it is starting to look its age. I'm hoping to keep it going for another 4 or 5 years, though that may be overly optimistic of me.

02 S10 and 09 Corolla

However, I noticed a decent looking 52 plymouth on Craigslist .

1993 Ford Explorer - 100k miles (now in PV)
2005 Ford Escape - 40k miles
11 years

Back
Top Bottom