Votes: 107 33.9%
  • Down -11% to -20%

Votes: 155 49.1%
  • Down -21% to -30%

Votes: 50 15.8%
  • Down -31% or higher

Votes: 4 1.3%

• Total voters
At one point in March, I was down 22%. Now, I am down 14%. Some of that (2%) is due to some large, non-recurring expenses, some of which I will get back later in the year.

Overall AA is 34/64/2.

I am back to where I was at the end of 2018 during that short dip. I am also back to where I was in early 2017 when the markets were rising quickly.

I noticed your poll does not include people who are currently up +5% to +10% such as myself...because I reallocated from 60/40 to 100% treasuries in 2019 per my comment #80.

Is it possible to add a line for this? There may also be people who was 100% cash which is 0%. I suggest adding this to your poll to be all inclusive.

I noticed your poll does not include people who are currently up +5% to +10% such as myself...because I reallocated from 60/40 to 100% treasuries in 2019 per my comment #80.

Is it possible to add a line for this? There may also be people who was 100% cash which is 0%. I suggest adding this to your poll to be all inclusive.

I think you'll find most people are using the other thread:
2020 Investment Performance Thread
which allows for any performance metric.

AA for my TSP was 80% C fund, 10% G fund, 10% Small cap.

Personal Investment Performance (PIP) for the past 12 months ending 02/29/2020 is 5.08%.

It will be a couple of days before I have March performance published but I am positive it will be negative territory.

Have you fact-checked what he said about "gradually reducing stock exposure"? Did he miss that great run-up in last half of 2019?

My point is that sales reps are pretty good at mind games.

No mind games. I wouldn't exactly put Fidelity, Vanguard or like companies in the class of the Bernie Maydoff's of the world when it comes to transparency. I'm aware of everything that's done in my portfolios. I watch it carefully and I'm informed of every buy and sell and the methodologies used. At 71 I need to be a little more conservative with my investing than I was back when I was younger. With all the market corrections and crashes I've been through including the most recent caused by the pandemic, I'm still averaging almost 7% year after year and I'm perfectly happy with that.

If you want to make yourself feel good, calculate your 5 year return or look at your net worth increase over that same time period. I am up an average of 12% - including this year. That’s remarkable no matter how you look at it. Makes staying the course a bit easier in these times.

can anyone ELI5 how you're calculating this?

Here is a post that I made on the 2020 performance thread that shows how to use the XIRR function in excel. Basically, you need your beginning balance, any additions or withdrawals, and your ending balance.

The following post has links to the moneychimp website which some folks use.

Down 29% from the high.
Down 26% YTD.

I read today that even a 60/40 portfolio is down more than 20% from the high , yet 80% of the people on this board have done better than that according to the poll. .

I didn't know 80% of you had portfolios more conservative than 60/40. Interesting.

Down 29% from the high.
Down 26% YTD.

I read today that even a 60/40 portfolio is down more than 20% from the high , yet 80% of the people on this board have done better than that according to the poll. .

I didn't know 80% of you had portfolios more conservative than 60/40. Interesting.

30/70 going in.

Down 13% 52/45/3 Stock portion is mostly large cap -dividend producing.

If you just look at the one thing I'm invested in, it is down 31% from the high, 30% YTD, something like that...

However if you include cash and total balance of everything, which includes pension and SS income, we're down 20% YTD.

Some day I will figure out how to accurately calculate all this in a spreadsheet...

Down about 10% for me since start of year. Not as bad as I thought :).

Individual: 600 k
Conservative portfolio. Lags during good times, outperforms (goes down less) during bad.

IRA: 65k
Same as above.

HSA: 14k
Started a 10k ladder in early January
29143-albums233-picture2136.png

Last edited:
AA for my TSP was 80% C fund, 10% G fund, 10% Small cap.

Personal Investment Performance (PIP) for the past 12 months ending 02/29/2020 is 5.08%.

It will be a couple of days before I have March performance published but I am positive it will be negative territory.

New stats published from TSP

Your Personal Investment Performance (PIP) for the past 12 months ending 03/31/2020 is -8.89%.

I have now reallocated to 90% G Fund, 10% C Fund and won't change until I see majority of countries exhibit flattening CoVID-19 growth curves.

Currently, China is not honest with their CoVID-19 numbers as people suspected and I believe this pandemic will be the straw on the camel's back and break their large shadow banking economy.

Up 2.5% for 2020 so far. Only have my portfolio in bonds and cd's. I am a conservative investor. lol. Sold stocks around October and put all in cash. Hindsight, glad I did. I am on the lookout for purchasing some stocks when all this is over.

Up 2.5% for 2020 so far. Only have my portfolio in bonds and cd's. I am a conservative investor. lol. Sold stocks around October and put all in cash. Hindsight, glad I did. I am on the lookout for purchasing some stocks when all this is over.
Nice. I am all in total stock market/sp500 index and my ytd is -22%.

I will put more into the index funds a month later. Never seen so much cash in my money market account after I stopped the automatic invest options.

Back
Top Bottom