What was and Is your mortgage and realestate taxes,

dumpster56

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
What was your highest mortgage and tax payments when working and what is your mortgage and taxes while ERed.

Lets see 1469 PI with 625 tax per month while working on a 227,000 mortgage'

Now 390 a month 274 tax per month when I will be Ered on Jan 1 56,000 mortgage

Prior to ER our largest mortgage was $63,000 (10 year loan) with monthly payment of $993 of which $185 was property tax. In accordance with our LBYM philosophy we lived in the least expensive suburb of D.C. Now we have no mortgage on our new home in a "55 or better" community in a nicer suburb and property taxes are $250/month.

Grumpy

officer in my company pays around $15,000 in NJ for an old home built in the 1980's or 1970's

My largest Mortgage was $250K. It's now paid off.

My taxes are $4500 a year and I'll quit paying when I'm dead. :D

Cut-Throat said:

Maybe so a while after you're dead, but not right away. They'll be reaching in for more for quite a spell after the ticker stops beating.

Largest mortgage payment was ~$2100/month. (San Francisco)
Current mortgage payment is 0. (Charleston County, SC)

Largest prop tax was $8000/year. (SF)
Current prop tax is ~$2100/year. (C)

(First mortgage, including prop tax, was $601/month (Boston burbs))

First house payment was $199/mo with property taxes adding about another $100/mo.

Current house (which is our ER house) has been paid off for many years.  Payment was $454/mo, a fortune at the beginning.   :eek:  Current property taxes are about $4200/yr.  We're in one of the most expensive real estate tax counties in the US.  But, state income taxes are low and the amenities and quality of life are good, so no complaints. 

Original mortgage was $70k and property taxes are $2.2k/yr.

First and only house had original mortgage of $95K with a payment of $1149/mo and $100/mo property tax.

Now, same house with no payment and $200/mo property tax.

Northern California...northern SF Bay area. ER soon.

we just started looking at homes in pennsylvania and upstate new york...taxes were high....
the 2 in pennsylvania which we looked at in 2 different counties
ran about about 2% of the purchase price or about 6900.00.....
the community we looked at in middletown/fishkill new new york was about 5500....not much different from nassau county here where they run about 8-10,000 a year

Largest mortgage was $117,000 with payments of $800/month.

Property taxes are $3400/yr.

67k - 513/mo including taxes and insurance. Outrageous!

heh heh heh heh

Largest mortgage (and only one :eek:) started at 97k and down to 70k on 15 year mortgage. RE taxes are 1500 per year or so...remodeled/rebuilt old farm house/hobby farm...

Cut-Throat said:

Ditto !

Except... I will get a break on my property taxes
when I turn 65... that is... IF ... that tax break will
still be in effect when the baby boomers hit age 65 !

:-\

My first mortgage was for 22,500 with a payment of $178. Back in 1977 the interest rate was 9%.
My highest mortgage was 130K, with a payment of either $738 or 830. Can't remember which.

No payment now, but property taxes of $4000 and Mello Roos bond $1000 annually.

My first and only mortgage was around $120K ($134k purchase price minus 10% down). I don't recall what the interest rates on 30 year mortgages were like in 1993 (6.75%?), but I was paying $868/mo. Paid it off in 8.5 years and have been mortgage free ever since.

Currently don't have a mortgage on a house worth about 220K. Taxes are about $715/year.

Previous mortgages ranged from 120K to 335K, with payments between 950 and 2500. I didn't sleep well with the 335K mortgage and 2,500 payment. I knew it was only temporary but my brain focused on the here and now. I sleep much better without a mortgage.

dusk_to_dawn said:
I sleep much better without a mortgage.
I know what you mean!

Largest was a PITI of $3100/month (Mello Roos included) on a $400K mortgage in NorCal.

Now happily renting.

KB said:
No payment now, but property taxes of $4000 and Mello Roos bond $1000 annually.

I had never heard the term Mello Roos before now.
You pay this in addition to other property taxes ?

Yes, they are in addition to property taxes. Mello-Roos bonds, named after the state legislators who put forward the bill in CA, are designed so that the facilities (street lights, schools, whatever) required by a new development are paid for by the residetns of the new development, and not by older residents of the town. I suppose eventually the bonds are paid off...or maybe it's like tolls and they keep collecting the money anyhow :-\

Highest was 382k with 7.35% intrest rate in 2001
Now mortgage is ZERO
Taxes were $ 4,222.88 for last year. 1.1% tax rate here in SoCal

San Francisco Bay Area and a proud owner of the 380K (@5.62%) albatross mortgage around my neck.   :-\   Actually 380K is quite small in comparison to my peers of the same income level and age in this area.  My property taxes are $5500 per year.

The mortgage on the residence was $280K (just paid off). Property tax is $4500 and sky rocketing because of the market. We are capped at increases not to exceed 10%/yr.

Second house carries a $200K mortgage (about $176K principle). We have money in CDs/bonds sufficient to pay that off - we are keeping it for deduction purposes for now. Property tax is about $3000.

I still owe 40K on my 50K loan. 11 more years on a 15 yr. loan. With a payment of $429/month at 4.75% interest I'm in no hurry.

Property taxes are $1500/yr. or $125/mo.

Homeowners ins. is another $600/yr.

Total housing cost: $604/month or $7248 per year.

If I could get health insurance as cheap as my housing I'd FIRE tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom