What would be your Asset Allocation ??

One thing I've learned from this forum is that there are many variables in retirement planning. A person really needs to sit down and establish priorities, take a look at their whole financial picture and establish a plan. Particular elements can be debated at great length. Asset allocation, when to take SS, annuities and estate considerations all come to mind. There is no one size fits all solution. And don't forget good fortune (luck) also plays a role.

And don't forget good fortune (luck) also plays a role.

Just to point out: (I agree with everything you said but... ) Fortune is a two-way street. And may (most likely) have the most important (if not THE only) role. What is it said about making the gods laugh?

(YOLO)

What is it said about making the gods laugh?

I don't know about laughing (I'll have to look that one up) but, paraphrasing Stephen Hawking, Not only do the gods play dice with the universe, they sometimes confuse us by throwing them where they can't be seen. :rolleyes:

Tyro

There are many versions with the (supposedly from) Woody Allen quote being the most commonly used:

“If you want to make God laugh, tell him about your plans.”

Yes, Hawking, as usual, is spot on.

Likewise with God/gods playing dice with the universe, beginning with Einstein's (again, paraphrased):

God does not play dice with the universe.

thru Pratchett & Gaiman's:

God does not play dice with the universe; He plays an ineffable game of his own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the other players, to being involved in an obscure and complex version of poker in a pitch dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a dealer who won't tell you the rules, and who smiles all the time.

Hawking also concluded (on another occasion):

So God does play dice with the universe. All the evidence points to him being an inveterate gambler, who throws the dice on every possible occasion.

...and many many more.

Tyro

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom