Join Early Retirement Today

Old 05-09-2017, 03:07 PM   #81
gone traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignoggins View Post
Retired 2 years ago (at 32). I put about 80% of my capital into 2 large strip malls, and I'm living off the cashflow. The other 20% is in equities and cash, which I don't plan on touching.

Very good, someone that beat me to retirement, I've been waiting and looking for that someone.... and you took the leap of faith to get there, I applaud your guts, instincts and road to retirement
97guns is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-09-2017, 04:49 PM   #82
Recycles dryer sheets

From DH's ER and my ESR (6 yrs) : part time wages + taxable
Since my ER (5 yrs) : 100% taxable
Until my SS (6 to 12.5 yrs) : 100% taxable
Until DH's SS : my SS + taxable + IRAs(if needed)
After DH's SS : my SS + DH's SS + RMDs + Roth(as needed)
N02L84ER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 05:24 PM   #83
Recycles dryer sheets

Retired at 52 / Now 55
DW Retired at 59.5 / Now 63

Source of income is from DW's IRA(old 401k) and SS, once I turn 59.5 we will begin draws on my IRA(old 401k), this past March I turned 55 so I started drawing my very reduced pension

When we retired, DW put some money into two annuities, these annuities will run their coarse when I turn 59.5 and 62, by then I expect to live on less......As with others, all our income is taxable

Since retirement we are truly enjoying life, purchased a home in SWF, sold the first one and are on our second one, as well we have a Condo at Lake of the Ozarks we utilize during the summer months

We quickly learned that we needed to become FL residence to save on taxes, both no state income as well as personal property tax on vehicles and boats .......
Old 05-09-2017, 05:30 PM   #84
Full time employment: Posting here.

What's funding your retirement?

Cash (CD's muni bonds and tax adv balanced funds) that I saved (during my last 6 working years) for the next 4 years til I am 59.5.

I have been earning an average of $1,000/month in PT wages on a PT hourly as needed arrangement with my last employer that I gave retirement notice to.
Old 05-09-2017, 05:40 PM   #85
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

No pension.

FIREd in early 2011 and have been living off taxable financial assets since then. Dividends, interest, and selling shares provide us with a very nice life. No "draw down" really, since our taxable assets have appreciated since then. I love bull markets (but plan for bears too).

I've still got ~15 years before I have to do RMDs or take SS. DW's will kick in in about 6 years. In making the FIRE decision, I ignored SS. So there is plenty of buffer built-in.
mpeirce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 08:33 AM   #86
Recycles dryer sheets

I just retired this year at 55. Currently pension, a little bit of salary from a fun job (enough to pay health insurance), stock dividends and cashing in stock options (10 years supply) is funding my retirement. I do have an emergency cash fund other than this that should protect me for the next five years. I also just received an inheritance that I'm not touching at this point until done with probate in year or so.

At age 60, I'll be able to start tapping into my IRA and Roth IRA funds. Pension, dividends, and stock options (till age 65) will continue.

At age 70, hoping to add social security to the mix, if it still exists.
Paracelsus is offline   Reply With Quote