whats with the dow at a new high crap?

mathjak107

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
If you figure even the gov't inflation figures the dow would have to break 14,000 or so to put it over where it was previously.

But why dont they figure dividends in these indexes?

Figuring the dividends which are an imortant part the dow actually broke a new high over 2 years ago.

making mountains out of mole-hills. there is, i'd guess, a psychological effect at the least.

That's what you call a slow news day. I don't own ANY of the Dow 30 so it meant absolutely zero to me. Just something to fill dead air time.

I alway use the S&P 500 as a more broad index. We are still around 200 points away from the high. so we are far from being completly recovered. Still... headlines like these get the general population excited about stock. Hopefully they will be opening their wallets and buying stocks. Its a bullish sign.

You have to remember that the news organizations aren't out to give you news, they are out to sell advertising. Your headline, "Dow Not Close to All Time High" wouldn't help with that.

Tough to get excited about any index............for the most part. they're market cap-weighted, so you don't get REAL representation of the market.

I believe if MSFT went up $1.00, the Dow would be up 85 points or something................so CNBC would be chattering about "strength in the markets"............ :LOL: :LOL:

I like the Russell 2000 for small caps, and the Wilshire 5000 to look for broad market trends, EAFE for international, etc...............

Tough to get excited about any index
if you like the whilshire 5000 (or any of the boad indexes), you should get excited about the dow ... they're rather highly correlated

Back
Top Bottom