What's your favorite money podcast?

The Motley fool Answers podcast is pretty good. Its short and kind of humorous.

Econ Talk is very intellectual with a variety of topics. I also listen to Fast Money.

Timely post as I was interested in trying out other podcasts. Thanks

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

I tried 'Money For The Rest of us' this week and it was hard to listen to. He just meanders around topics, gets sidetracked, tells stories, and if he gets to the topic, doesn't even really cover it.

I gave two 'Money For The Rest of Us' podcasts a listen last night with the same results.

For those (like me) that are invested in real estate the best show I've found is the BiggerPockets Podcast.

Yeah, I tried the "Money for the Rest of Us" podcast a few months ago and had the same results! I am definitely going to try an episode of Financial Sense.

I usually listen to the Dave Ramsey podcast, but only for the calls. With the podcast, I can fast forward through all political rants, the 10 minute promotions about live events or the new budgeting software, and segments with his daughter and Chris Hogan. I can also skip the once every other day call about whole life policies. It cuts three hours down to closer to an hour.

I listened to a few of these on a flight yesterday. I liked Planet Money a lot - well done, entertaining & informative. I loved freakonomics too. I used to listen to Marketplace when I worked and liked it, but you have to listen close to the broadcast date.

I found a lot of the others either rambling or just too basic.

I used Podcast Addict on my phone. I found it easy to use and you can download podcasts to listen offline.

I tried Financial Sense. I don't know if it was only the episode I listened to, but it had a strong political bias. I'll pass.

I also listened to a couple of the Jill On Money episodes. The show seemed much like Suze Orman's -- that is, aimed mainly at those new to financial planning -- so I didn't find much of interest.

Mine is "Money For the Rest of Us", by J. David Stein. He's a former chief investment strategist and portfolio strategist, but retired early at age 48. He's very well-read and interesting to listen to. Today's episode #50 was about early retirement. Here's a quote from his summary, "Work and leisure. Planned and unplanned. Engaged but relaxed. Awake but calm and peaceful enough to effortlessly fall asleep. That is the balance I think we should seek whether we are retired, early retired or still working".

What's your favorite money podcast?

I totally agree with this. I just listened to this podcast and it was insightful and inspiring. Most of my ER focus has been on the tangible elements such as income, expenses and portfolio. I've been searching for insight on the non tangible elements and this podcast helped. He mentioned how we become defined by our positions at work and that changes how we live the rest of our lives. I've listened to some of his other podcasts and I wasn't as impressed but #50 was very good.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Dave Ramsey. I listen to his podcast every night as I drift off to sleep for some reason his voice and demeanor are soothing ( except for the debt free screams) I rarely make it through a couple of callers before I'm sound asleep !

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

I love Planet Money and as a result of this thread started listening to Freakonomics. Freakonomics is not quite as good (needs some editing) but still very interesting.

I've listened to some more investing / personal finance focused podcasts like Marketplace Weekend (formerly Marketplace Money) and Merriman but found them too basic and a little boring.

Biggerpockets real estate investing podcast. The podcasts invite real investors to share their successes and mistakes and advice. Hilarious stories. Educational case studies. Real life application. Whether you own real estate or not, I always learn something new from each episode.

So many people on this forum ask about how to evaluate real estate investments... Must check out the bigger pockets podcasts.,hey I know you're gonna hear the first podcast and it will be from some 20 year old newbie... But if you keep tuning in you will fine some gold . Everyday I learn a new perspective on land lording. Learn new laws and strategies.

Did I mention the bigger pockets? Also check out invest four more . A smart guy in Colorado who tells all.

Back
Top Bottom