What's your favorite money podcast?

racy

Full time employment: Posting here.
Mine is "Money For the Rest of Us", by J. David Stein. He's a former chief investment strategist and portfolio strategist, but retired early at age 48. He's very well-read and interesting to listen to. Today's episode #50 was about early retirement. Here's a quote from his summary, "Work and leisure. Planned and unplanned. Engaged but relaxed. Awake but calm and peaceful enough to effortlessly fall asleep. That is the balance I think we should seek whether we are retired, early retired or still working".

What's your favorite money podcast?

I love Mad Money with Jim Cramer. He has great insight into how the market works.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Dave Ramsey podcast
Jill on money podcast

Freakonomics - so I don't take things for granted.

Hi Racy,

I have to admit to not ever have listened to a podcast. How would I access "Money for the rest of us"?

Thanks, Dog

Last edited:
Planet Money is quite good.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Clark Howard

Paul Merriman

The Wise investor show

CNBCs Fast Money

The truth about money- Ric Edelman

Motley fool money

The Ray Lucia show

Brian Prestons Money guy

Investtalk

Dave Ramsey(occasionally) when I can stomach his political rants and disgruntled millionaire routine. He is a angry rich guy.;)

Thanks Al18....I'll check it out :)

I listen to lots of podcasts while working out or on the occasional road trip, such as -

Financial:

Jill on Money
Radical Personal Finance
Larry Kudlow
Dough Roller (Rob Berger - excellent!)
Brian Preston The Money Guy
So Money with Farnoosh Torabi
Money for the Rest of Us

Non-financial:

Mark Simone (rebroadcast of his WOR radio show - NYC news, current events)
Bowery Boys (NYC History)
Budget Minded Traveler (Lots of great tips!)

NPR Marketplace is the only podcast that I use regularly. I used to download and listen to Clark Howard too and he was ok.

NPR Marketplace is the only podcast that I use regularly. I used to download and listen to Clark Howard too and he was ok.

Marketplace is what I used to listen to on the way to work. Now that I'm no longer doing that, I've gotten out of the habit.

Another one I'd recommend (for those who don't catch it on TV) is Consuelo Mack's show: PODCASTS - WealthTrack : WealthTrack

The financial podcasts I listen to most are:

Freakonomics
Market Place
Market Place Weekend
Moneybox (BBC - UK personal finance)

....Another one I'd recommend (for those who don't catch it on TV) is Consuelo Mack's show: PODCASTS - WealthTrack : WealthTrack

Thanks for reminding me of that... I used to DVR WealthTrack and watch it but is isn't part of our new tv package so I have been going without it... I never thought of the podcast.

I used to listen to Dave Ramsey years ago, but he has changed so much since I first started to listen to him. He has transformed into an angry, abusive, and exceedingly arrogant person. If anyone tries to challenge his fee-based investing advice or his 12% return figure, he just screams at them and beats them down until they go away. I guess you can do that when its your show...

I listen to several podcasts each week and have found Financial Sense to be the most informative.

Thanks all will add to my listen choices 45 min drive to work

Since I follow the mantra of this site to set your asset allocation, diversify, and periodically rebalance, I don't see the point of spending my time on them.

I tried 'Money For The Rest of us' this week and it was hard to listen to. He just meanders around topics, gets sidetracked, tells stories, and if he gets to the topic, doesn't even really cover it. Then I listened to Financial Sense and wow! Now THAT'S a quality program, much more than a podcast, but it appears after listening to 2 episodes that it's pretty information-dense, and they really get into the details. It's good for my morning drive, that, and a couple of sermons here and there to keep me straight. Appreciate the recommendation.

I tried 'Money For The Rest of us' this week and it was hard to listen to. He just meanders around topics, gets sidetracked, tells stories, and if he gets to the topic, doesn't even really cover it. Then I listened to Financial Sense and wow! Now THAT'S a quality program, much more than a podcast, but it appears after listening to 2 episodes that it's pretty information-dense, and they really get into the details. It's good for my morning drive, that, and a couple of sermons here and there to keep me straight. Appreciate the recommendation.

I like Financial Sense and Your Money and You https://www.hefren.com/radio-show
Those two are A+

I used to listen to Dave Ramsey years ago, but he has changed so much since I first started to listen to him. He has transformed into an angry, abusive, and exceedingly arrogant person. If anyone tries to challenge his fee-based investing advice or his 12% return figure, he just screams at them and beats them down until they go away. I guess you can do that when its your show...

Yes its very amusing that Dave Ramsey seems to get more angry as he accumulates more wealth.

Back
Top Bottom