When Do You File Your Tax Return? (Trivia)

We filed on Monday which is early for us! All our 1099s and foreign source tax info came in much sooner. We haven’t had a brokerage corrected 1099 in a very long time, so we decided to take our chances.

Filed electronically, payment scheduled for April 15 via eftps.gov.

Usually wait till mid-March for tax prep to give time for 1099 corrections. Since usually owe, then waited till near April 15 to file. I'm thinking since I'm now paying Fed w/ credit card, I could send return in earlier w/ note saying payment was coming?

Good thing I didn't file yet.......got notice of first corrected 1099 of the season coming in the mail.........altho more work, the good kind if I understand correctly. Total dividends same/qualified dividends increased so only change is in tax, not AGI

Finished filing yesterday.

Figured with all the chaos going on in world events, decided to do something calming and relaxing file filing my taxes ... everything is relative :popcorn:.

Yeah - I'm happy to get mine filed and accepted before more SHTF.

As for payment - it's scheduled now. I guess I can decide later whether to delay it - reschedule.

Filed two weeks ago, and paid the $280 I owed then and there via EFTPS. I can't remember when I last filed so early but this year I had time and docs on hand by mid-Feb. Before I was always delayed by the VG REIT documents.... glad I dumped the REIT.

Received K-1's today so can finish up shortly.

rainy day here so did the double-check today. found a couple of small errors..in our favor. should be filing soon.

Went to the post office this morning and mailed them in. We owed about $1400 and I would normally wait until April, but I thought it prudent to get them done before everything closes up.

I'll be sending out my state return today. It's only 2 pages plus the small voucher form and check, so I don't need to use extra postage. The federal return will have more pages, so I will send it out next week, after I get my (snake-bit) friend to sign his state return which also has several more pages. This way, I can make one trip to the PO to get extra postage for both returns. All the amounts due are under $100.

After that, only one return of the 6 I prepare will remain. My ladyfriend's federal return, short and easy, is still outstanding. She owes a lot, so she is in no hurry to pay it.

October - I have a few investments that don't issue K-1s until the end of September

Back
Top Bottom